Tour ID: 10011201
There is no better way to learn all about the Aboriginal Culture, hear their stories and learn how they do things than to visit Tjapukai. It is a fabulous facility and very interactive. You can try throwing a spear or a boomerang, a lot harder than you ould think!
Watch Indigenous performers bring the world’s oldest living culture to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations. General admission includes:
Join the world famous Tjapukai Aboriginal dancers in a corroboree celebration and fire making ceremony in the Cultural Village.Gain an insight into the gathering and cooking of bush foods and the medicinal values of native plants, learn first hand from a warrior about traditional hunting methods and tribal law. Throw a spear with the help of a traditional milay spear thrower and learn the art of throwing a returning boomerang. Journey through the complex techniques of playing a didgeridoo, then be tantalised by the smell of the meat being unearthed from the Bayngga underground oven and enjoy a delicious taste test.
A sumptuous buffet lunch with native tastes and fresh salads is available in the Flame Tree restaurant (additional cost).
*In wet weather, these demonstrations will be held under cover indoors
TTG Code: topninecairnstours
• Return transfers from accommodation
• Creation Story
• Art of My People
• Tjapukai Aboriginal Dance Performance
• Bush Foods and Medicines Presentation
• Hunting and Weapons Demonstration
• Didgeridoo Show
• Boomerang and Spear Throwing
• Cultural Creations - paint a boomerang with a Tjapukai performer and take home a special memory of your day.
• Indigenous Guided Bush Food Trail - learn about native plants, bush foods and traditional medicine.
• The Tjapukai Retail Store is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Take your time and purchase an authentic indigenous souvenir, piece of artwork, didgeridoo, boomerang, CD or book - come and see the range of gifts for all budgets for yourself!
• The Flame Tree restaurant and cafe is open for Lunch every day.
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm except Christmas day. 2.5 hour guided tours depart our reception at 09:15, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00. You are also free to enjoy the park at your leisure.
8:30 AM Daily
Cairns, Palm Cove, Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob, Clifton Beach, Kewarra Beach, Machans Beach and Holloways Beach
We offer pick ups from Cairns and northern beaches accommodation between 8 and 9am for your transfer to Tjapukai. Return transfers leave Tjapukai for Cairns accommodation at 12:30, 2:30, 3:15, 4:15, 4:50, and for northern beaches at 3:45 and 5:20pm. Please call us to book your pick up. 07-4042-9999.
Comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, your camera!
Children 3 years of age and under are complimentary. Children aged 4-14 are admitted at child prices. 15 years and above are admitted at adult prices.
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.