Tour ID: 10001386
This will be a day to remember, the Tasmanian East Coast has so many surprises for you. Of course there is the world famous Wineglass Bay, and it doesn't disappoint, the great scenery of Freycinet National Park, beautiful beaches and bays and more. Come and see for yourself!
This is a HUGE day out on the stunning Tasmanian east coast. Wineglass Bay has been voted many times amongst the top beaches of the world. A perfect crescent shape, stunning colours and dazzling white sand make this one of Tasmania’s “not to be missed” locations.
Wineglass Bay is nestled in the Freycinet National Park on the East Coast of Tasmania. One of Tasmania’s first National Parks this is a coastal area rich in stunning landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and walking trails.
We travel from Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea. Enjoy a brief stop at Spiky Bridge, a convict built bridge, picturesque Spiky Beach and then on into the National Park.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where your guide will help you take those sought after photographs and offer you some walking options for the day.
For the keen walkers you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time) enjoy a swim in the pristine waters, relax and have lunch in this amazing setting. Or, travel with our guide to discover more of the National Park and visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay and Cape Tourville lookout and short walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart. We have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in sampling the local oysters, mussels or crayfish fresh from the pristine waters of Oyster Bay and surrounds.
Last but certainly not least we stop at picturesque Kate’s Berry Farm where Kate is serving up absolutely delicious Berry Ice-creams and other delights, jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
We return to Hobart to your accommodation around 6.30 - 7.00pm.
• Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
• Honeymoon Bay
• Sleepy Bay walk
• Cape Tourville lookout and walk
• Optional longer walks – Wineglass Bay Beach or Hazards Circuit
• Freycinet Marine Farm - farm fresh takeaway oysters
• Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
• National Park entrance fee
• Professional guides & interpretative walks
• Small, friendly groups
• CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
• Airport drop off’s on request
National Parks Pass, Professionally trained guides, Guided Walks, Hotel/Hostel (Hobart CBD) pick up/drop off
We will stop on the way for you to buy lunch. Or bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the beautiful surrounds of Freycinet National Park.
No Specific Times Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
We pick up from Hobart CBD Hotels and Hostels. Pick up times commence from 7.00am. You will need to ensure your pick up is confirmed and your time is confirmed prior to departure.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by clicking this link.
Day pack, camera, comfortable footwear for walking, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle, swimming gear. Warm jumper and rain jacket if the weather is not so good.
Children must be over 8 years of age. Children 8 years to 17 years of age may travel at the child price.
Due to the length of travel time and the exposed nature of the National Park we do not recommend children under 8 years of age on this tour.
• This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
• All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities, subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• There is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way or you are welcome to bring along your own packed lunch
• What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle/drinks; snacks; and lunch (or buy it on the day)
It is possible to arrange a coach connection with a Hobart finish for this tour. Please enquire regarding these options.
Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and Coles Bay
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.