Tour ID: 10028095
This tour showcases the very best of the Tasman Peninsula. Enjoy a spectacular cliff top walk, the captivating history of Port Arthur and stroll through picturesque Richmond. You also get the chance to photograph so many beautiful landmarks that your camera will never be inside its case!
History has never been such FUN!
Join us for an action packed day out showcasing the very best of the Tasman Peninsula. Enjoy a spectacular cliff top walk, the captivating history of Port Arthur and stroll through picturesque Richmond.
The Tasman Peninsula is home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. We experience the drama and magnificence of these with a visit to Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen before beginning a short, easy but incredibly stunning cliff top walk via Paterson’s Arch to Waterfall Bay. We believe this is the perfect introduction to the area and an invigorating way to begin our day.
As we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, there is a wealth of information and history to take in and you will have ample time to explore and discover the nooks and crannies with around 4 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Feel the sense of isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”, discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system. Walk amongst the main penitentiary; see the solitary confinement cells and many more buildings in this World Heritage open air museum.
On the journey back to Hobart, we stop to sample the local hand made chocolate at Federation Chocolate Factory.
We stop at the beautiful historic township of Richmond Village with time to meander the streets and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sandstone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Last but not least, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view of Hobart from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your accommodation around 6.00pm.
• Port Arthur Historic Site (4 hours)
• Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)
• Tasman National Park – Devils Kitchen, Tasman Arch
• Pirates Bay Lookout
• Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
• Federation Chocolate Factory
• Richmond village and historic bridge
• Hobart City lookout
• Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
• Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
• Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
• Professional guides & interpretation
• Small, friendly groups
• CBD Hotel/Hostel Pick Up & Drop Off
• Airport drop offs on request
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase your lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
• Sensible shoes for day touring
• A variety of warm clothing
• Hat, sunscreen
• Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
Port Arthur Historic Site Entrance Fee
Port Arthur operated interpretative Harbour Cruise
Port Arthur operated guided walking tour
We will stop on the way for you to buy lunch, or buy at the Port Arthur Visitor centre. Or bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the hauntingly beautiful Penal Colony grounds.
No Specific Times Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun
We pick up from Hobart CBD Hotels and Hostels. Pick up times commence from 7.00am. You will need to ensure your pick up is confirmed and your time is confirmed prior to departure.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by clicking this link.
Day pack, camera, comfortable footwear for walking, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle. Warm jumper and rain jacket if the weather is not so good.
Children must be over 8 years of age. Children 8 years to 17 years of age may travel at the child price.
•This tour will involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of
general health and fitness and physical ability is essential
• All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities, subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• There is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way or you are welcome to bring along your own packed lunch
• What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle/drinks; snacks; and lunch (or buy it on the day)
Port Arthur and Richmond
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.