Tour ID: 10028105
This tour has great variety, there is natural beauty, history, the famous Tasmanian Devils, historical villages and walks. You will learn all about the early days of Australia at Port Arthur and be glad you didn't live in those harsh times. There will be time to view and learn about our native animals and why we love them.
Join us for a fun and action packed day out on the Tasman Peninsula. Explore, discover and learn with our guides as we enjoy a variety of activities, walks, sightseeing and much more.
We take an early start from Hobart and head to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. Enjoy the panoramic views of the area from Pirates Bay Lookout, see the interesting Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen rock formations and join us for a short but spectacular walk along one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks” the Waterfall Bay Coastal Track.
Next stop is the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park. We have perfectly timed your tour today to ensure you see the Devil Feeding at the wildlife park and the “Birds of the Bush” comedic bird show. Witness the snarling, fighting and bone crushing in a spectacle of devilish behaviour during the feeding. With time to spare enjoy the beautiful surrounds of the park. Walk amongst our friendly Wallabies, hand feed Kangaroos, discover the quolls, eagles, rare hawks, and plenty more.
Just a short drive down the road, we enter the Port Arthur Historic Site. Here you have around 2 hours to explore the site. Your entry includes a complimentary Harbour Cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour with one of the Site’s expert guides. Feel the sense of isolation experienced by the convicts in this “inescapable prison”, discover the grim and violent history of the early Australian Penal system. Walk amongst the main penitentiary; see the solitary confinement cells and many more buildings in this World Heritage open air museum.
Our return to Hobart takes into the beautiful historic township of Richmond Village with time to meander the streets and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use – a convict built sand-stone bridge, reported to be haunted!
Last but not least, before we re-enter Hobart we stop for a fabulous view of Hobart & Mt Wellington from a local lookout. A picturesque way to return to the city.
We drop you back to your accommodation around 6.00pm.
• Port Arthur Historic Site (2 hours)
• Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park
• Tasmanian Devil feeding
• “Birds of the Bush” bird show
• Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)
• Tasman National Park – Devils Kitchen, Tasman Arch
• Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
• Richmond village and historic bridge
• Hobart City lookout
• Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park entrance fee
• “Birds of the Bush” bird show & Devil feeding
• Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
• Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
• Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
• Professional guides & interpretation
• Small, friendly groups
• CBD Hotel/Hostel Pick Up & Drop Off
• Airport drop offs on request
• Meals - You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase your lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
• Sensible shoes for day touring
• A variety of warm clothing
• Weatherproof jacket if possible
• Hat, sunscreen
• Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
• Sense of adventure
Port Arthur Historic Site Entry
Devil Conservation Park Entry
Guided walking tour of Port Arthur Historic Site
Port Arthur Harbor Cruise around Isle of the Dead
We will stop on the way for you to buy lunch. Or bring a picnic lunch to enjoy at the hauntingly beautiful Port Arthur Historic Site.
No Specific Times Wed, Fri
We pick up from Hobart CBD Hotels and Hostels. Pick up times commence from 7.00am. You will need to ensure your pick up is confirmed and your time is confirmed prior to departure.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://db.tt/jW0ReKGU
Day pack, camera, comfortable footwear for walking, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle. Warm jumper and rain jacket if the weather is not so good.
Children must be over 8 years of age.
Port Arthur and Richmond
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.