Tour ID: 10003243
The gorgeous coral cay of Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef is where you will spend two glorious hours, enjoying rainforest walks, a reef presentation and snorkelling or a glass bottom boat tour. You’ll also have the option of participating in a semi-submarine coral view tour, a Seawalker helmet dive, an introductory or certified scuba dive, a supervised snorkelling trip, a visit to Marineland Melanesia or a stunning aerial tour from a scenic helicopter flight.
• Cruise on the ‘Reef Rocket’ and admire the views on your way to and back from Green Island
• Explore the beautiful rainforests and colourful reefs on and around the coral cay Green Island
• Be amazed by the sea life within this Marine National Park
• Choose from a huge range of fun activities, suitable for all ages and levels of experience
With a 9 am departure from the Reef Fleet Terminal, or a pick-up from Cairns CBD or Cairns' Beaches, you’ll hop aboard the ‘Reef Rocket’ and begin your journey towards paradise. This contemporary designed high-speed catamaran has all the features you’d expect from a luxury vessel, including air-conditioning, sun deck, covered areas, comfortable seating and staff with a friendly smile and very helpful demeanour.
Relax for approximately 45 minutes while admiring the gorgeous views on your way to Green Island. On your way, you’ll be entertained with a reef presentation and snorkelling demonstrations. When you get there, you can choose from a selection of activities or even consult with the staff who can help you choose the activities most suited to you. The Reef Rocket will remained moored at the Green Island jetty so that you can come back to it and relax at any time, as well as access the activity equipment, which is stored on board.
For the next two hours, you can choose to try snorkelling directly from the golden beach of the Island, from the jetty near where the Reef Rocket is moored. The glass bottom boat or semi submarine tour is a spectacular way to see the amazing and colourful reef life, while staying dry. You can try helmet diving for a unique experience, or even see the reef from the air on a scenic flight. Then again, you may choose simply to relax on the beach or stroll around admiring the lush rainforests on the island. There are just so many options available to suit people of all ages, experiences and tastes.
After your Green Island experience, you’ll cruise back to your pickup location, arriving at around 12.45 pm.
Please see ‘Tour Details’ for information on price inclusions and optional equipment.
TTG Code: Top Nine Cairns Day Tours
Catamaran transfers to Green Island
- 2 hours on Green Island
- Choice of Snorkelling Gear or Glass Bottom Boat tour ($16 extra to do both)
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Island rainforest boardwalks
- Semi-submarine coral view tour
- Introductory Dive (no experience necessary, subject to medical questionnaire)
- One Certified Dive
- Seawalker Helmet Diving
- Supervised Snorkelling Trips
- Marineland Melanesia
- Helicopter Scenic Flights (subject to availability on the day)
(DIVING: Medical, height and age restrictions apply, must be 12 to 70 years)
9:00 AM Daily
Cairns and Cairns Beaches
If making own way to cruise, please ensure you check in at Reef Fleet Terminal 30 minutes prior to departure time.
If you require pickups from Cairns or Cairns' Beaches please ensure you select the optional transfer when making your booking.
Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, towel, shirt to swim in (slip, slop, slap) cash or credit card for snorkel deposit, cash for drinks and snacks and souvenirs are available for sale on board.
$20 "Refundable Deposit" is required for the hire of snorkelling gear - cash or credit card imprint
Child Fare 4-14 years inclusive
- Infants 3 and under travel free
- Family Fare: 2 Adults and 2 Children (not applicable with other discounts)
- All prices are AUD and include GST
- Package Upgrades available on board
Green Island and Great Barrier Reef
Beaches Coach Return
Adults: $22.00 | Children: $11.00 | Family: $55.00
City Coach Return
Adults: $18.00 | Children: $9.00 | Family: $45.00
Veiv the reef from our semi-submarine
Adults: $20.00 | Children: $10.00 | Family: $50.00
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.