Tour ID: 10032851
3 nights / 3 dive days / 12 dives - Includes 2 night dives. Prime dives sites - GUARANTEED! Standard Accommodation (twin share, side by side beds, ocean view, private bathroom)
This trip is recommended for Novice to Advanced Divers.
Monday: Check-in and Departure & Ribbon Reef #10 & #9 - Cod Hole, Cod Wall, Challenger Bay
• Monday by 7:00am, Cruise office (shop 2, 3 Abbott St). Transfer to Cairns Airport.
• Spectacular low level 150 mile reef flight to Lizard Island to board Spoilsport.
• Commence diving approximately 12:30pm.
• Explore the rarely dived Cod Wall at the outer reef edge that disappears into 60 meters (200ft)
• Glide back towards the Cod Hole while enjoying the clear water and spectacular coral formations.
• Shallow but fantastic, Challenger Bay is extremely rich in biodiversity from spectacular coral gardens and unusual critters through to large schooling fish. Great night dive location… watch out for Baza the Barra!
Tuesday: Ribbon Reef #9, #5, #4 - Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Pinnacle, Andy’s Postcard, Clam Beds, Vertical Gardens
• Circumnavigate Pixie Pinnacle and Lighthouse Bommie shrouded in fusiliers and baitfish. Fluorescent purple and orange anthias attract predatory fish to these photogenic sites. Majestic Minke whales are seen here in June and July.
• Rising from 80 meters the pinnacle of Andy’s Postcard is encrusted in hard corals, lion fish, nudibranchs, octopus, schooling trevally and barracuda.
• See spectacular giant clams at Clam Beds as well as caves, canyons and coral encrusted bommies awaiting exploration.
• Sheer walls covered in whip corals and sea fans brim the natural amphitheatre of Vertical Gardens. Marine life varies from the many colourful nudibranchs to large schooling bump head parrotfish.
Wednesday: Ribbon Reef #3 - Flare Point, Joani’s Joy, Steve’s Bommie
• Spiral majestic coral pinnacles teeming with marine life.
• See huge schools of baitfish stalked by barracuda, mackerel and trevally.
• Anticipate spectacular coral gardens, spotted rays, reef sharks and green turtle sightings.
• Early morning docking at Trinity Wharf - Cairns, breakfast, 8:00am courtesy transfers to Cairns city hotels.
This itinerary has been designed to include the ‘prime’ Ribbon Reef and Coral Sea dive sites. If weather forces an itinerary change our surety of access to the prime Ribbon Reef sites is your guarantee of the best possible diving.
We look forward to taking you on the experience of a lifetime, diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
1. In June and July we conduct special Minke Whale Expeditions with the second day devoted almost entirely to finding and snorkeling and/or diving with Minke whales. Since commencing minke whale expeditions in 1996 we have discovered the locations where Minkes' are most commonly found. In this time we have evolved a diving and snorkeling protocol that has minimal impact on the whales and allows them to approach divers within their own comfort zone. This protocol combined with the Minkes' natural curiosity provides you with very close encounters and spectacular opportunities for close up videos and photography. (adjusted itinerary available on request)
Minke Expedition Departures in 2017: 12 June, 19 June, 26 June, 3 July and 10 July.
Note: Itinerary subject to change. Superior vessel stability in adverse weather conditions ensure you a comfortable experience.
Spoilsport Vessel Features:
* Length 30m (100ft); Beam 10m (36ft); Speed 15 knots
* Passenger average 23 (max 28) Crew 11
* Twin hull’s reduce seasickness and maximises stability, space and privacy
* Twin or double cabins, most with ocean views. Daily cabin service
* Spacious: dining room; lounge; alfresco deck and sundeck
* Sensational chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks
* Complimentary soft drinks and Australian wines with dinner
All guests are supplied with Nautilus Lifeline personal GPS locator devices, tanks and weight belts as part of the diving service.
Full or part gear hire is available onboard the vessel. Full gear hire includes mask, snorkel, regulator set, dive computer, full length 5mm wetsuit, 3mm hood, BCD, surface marker buoy, full foot fins, torch and cyalume sticks. Full gear hire is AUD$44/day and payable on board. We do not supply children’s sizing. It is strongly recommended that children bring their own wetsuit, mask and fins.
In addition to onboard accommodation, we provide 24hr complimentary tea, coffee and water. A selection of beverages is served with every meal. Complimentary softdrinks and wine with dinner. Three chef prepared meals and in-between meal snacks are provided each day with fruit and biscuits always available. Please advise in advance if your have special dietary requirements. Additional wine, beer, mixed drinks and chocolates are available for purchase on board. Please do not bring any alcohol onboard as we have a ‘Ship’s Bar Only’ policy.
Dive equipment hire, underwater camera hire and photo and video services, dive courses available for purchase. Ship Shop onboard with souvenirs/clothing for purchase. Fully stocked bar.
3 days, 4 nights
7:00 AM Mon
Monday 11am - Cairns. (courtesy inner city hotel transfers)
Monday by 7:00am - Cruise office (shop 2, 3 Abbott St). Transfer to Cairns Airport
Thursday - Early morning docking at Trinity Wharf - Cairns, breakfast, 8:00am courtesy transfers to Cairns city hotels.
Personal toiletries, hair dryer, personal medication, swimming costume, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, foot wear (sandals or tennis shoes), T-shirts, shorts, sweater and sweat pants - light weight pants and tops for the evening are a good idea. Also your wildest “loud” shirt/dress for the BBQ evening.
Luggage Limit = 25kg per person and 3 kg carry-on.
Tour not suitable for children under 8 years. Non-diving children 8 - 15 years travel at child prices when sharing a twin cabin with one adult.
Please contact tourstogo.com for prices if children between 12 and 15yrs will be diving.
Child-minding is not available onboard - those travelling with children are responsible for child minding.
Spoilsport Dive Services:
* Complimentary Reef Ecology Program
* Low key photo comp on every expedition
* Huge dive deck with convenient entry/exit platforms
* Photographer friendly with 3 large camera tables
* ‘Open dive deck’ allows flexible dive planning
* 3 dive sites per day is normal
* Underwater photography and video services
* Nitrox fills (enquire for prices)
* PADI instruction: Advanced, Nitrox, Naturalist and Photo/Video
* Dry towel after each dive
* Solo diving as per Mike Ball Safe Solo System
* 2 large inflatable's for person
Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef and Cod Hole
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.