Tour ID: 10003501
Jump aboard the ‘Ocean Freedom’ for a full six hours of snorkelling pleasure in two of the Great Barrier Reef’s most coveted areas, as well as an amazing seafood smorgasbord lunch! The sparkling clear waters of Upolu Cay Reef will allow you to see what makes the Great Barrier Reef one of the world’s most popular dive locations. You’ll enjoy a snorkelling tour and tuition with a friendly marine naturalist, as well as a reef talk and a tour in a glass-bottom boat.
• Dive in two locations – The Upolu Cay Reef, as well as its Outer Edge, known as the ‘Wonder Wall’. If you’ve never snorkelled before, we will teach you!
• Discover the secrets of the Reef by hearing about it and by seeing it for yourself.
• Spoil yourself with the delicious seafood smorgasbord lunch, fresh tropical fruit, Danish pastries, cheese, crackers, cake and unlimited tea and coffee.
• Relax – everything you need is provided for you, including all snorkelling gear
As soon as you step foot on the Ocean Freedom – a super-fast, luxury 20m CAT – you’ll feel welcomed and pampered. With your early boarding from Marlin Marina (with prior check in at 7:15am from Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns Marina), you’ll get to breathe in the morning ocean breeze as you’re taken out to one of two dive destinations.
At the stunning Upolu Coral Cay Reef, you’ll learn about the graceful blue-spotted stingrays, tenacious green sea turtles, bright damsel fish and other amazing creatures that call this Reef their home, as you observe them from a glass bottom boat. You’ll then have the chance to see these inquisitive creatures up close, while snorkelling within the incredibly clear, turquoise water.
The second dive site is the fascinating ‘Wonder Wall’, located on the Outer Edge of Upolu Reef. Here, you will enjoy a guided dive, encountering a huge variety of aquatic flora and fauna, including hard and soft corals, giant clams, fans, turtles and a vast assortment of colourful topical fish.
In between visiting these two sites, you’ll enjoy a smorgasbord lunch fit for a king, including smoked salmon, prawns, three types of cold meat, a chicken platter, three fresh salads and a variety of breads. After a relaxed six hours of diving, you’ll spend the trip home indulging in even more delicious food, arriving back at Cairns at around 4:15pm.
• Adventure Drift Snorkelling Tour with Marine Naturalist, • Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter, • Glass bottom Boat Tour, • Snorkelling Tuition, • Top quality Snorkelling equipment (masks, flippers, snorkel), • Buoyancy snorkel vests, • Lycra suits /or wet suits (depending on season), • 2 Reef destinations on the day including Upolu Cay Reef + Outer Edge Upolu Reef, • Prescription masks, • 6 full hours on the Reef, • Tea and coffee all day, • Fresh Fruit and Danish pastries on boarding, • Large smorgasbord lunch with seafood, • Platter tropical fruit, cheese and crackers, assorted cake served during day,
• Refreshments , Licensed bar, and quality merchandise available for purchase . Underwater cameras for purchase, .
8 and 1/2 hours
7:30 AM Daily
Cairns and Cairns Beaches
If making own way go to Reef Fleet terminal for check-in.
Bus Transfers from the Northen Beaches and Cairns City are available at additional charge payable direct on check-in. Outer City and Northern Beaches transfers are $23 per person. Cairns Inner City transfers are $15.50 per person. Furthest bus pick-up is from Palm Cove. If needing a bus pick-up please provide your accommodation information on the booking form.
Bus transfers must be pre-booked . Payment on boat on day of travel.
All bus pick-ups will be taken to the Reef Fleet terminal where you will check into the desk. After the tour you will be picked up also from the Reef Fleet terminal where you were dropped off in the morning.
Towel, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen ( factor 15 + - no oil!), credit card or cash if wanting any optional extras or merchandise, sweatshirt may be needed in Winter for the journey home.
All children are welcome and everyone is looked after equally - however we are on a boat and it is expected that there will be parental supervision at all times
Optional Extras: Diving :
Introductory Diving ( guaranteed 1:2 dive instuctor to diver ratio) First dive : $105, Second Dive : $50
Certified Diving ( includes all top equipment and guide) First Dive : $70 Second Dive : $35
All diving is subject to a medical questionnaire being filled in - anyone turned down for a dive due to a medical problem will be fully refunded the dive money
Great Barrier Reef, Upolu Cay and Outer Barrier Reef
Please bring valid Dive Certificate
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.