Tour ID: 10052921
Cheese wine and chocolate, anyone? This is a gourmet tour unlike any other. Indulge in the delights of three wineries, the strawberry farm and dairy farm as you tour the coast in a café on wheels. This is a foodie's dream where every stop provides a new culinary experience.
• Explore Melbourne’s playground, the Mornington Peninsula, where the Southern Ocean crashes on the coast of one side and the bay laps gently on the quiet swimming beaches on the other side
• Indulge in cheese, chocolate, and gourmet delights in abundance as you explore the home of fine dining in Melbourne
• See three of Melbourne’s best wineries, including Green Olive at Red Hill, which won 2014’s RACV Food Tourism Award and revel in Merricks General Wine Store, the local secret that serves as cellar door to three of the region’s oldest wineries
• Photograph the sweeping views of the ocean and the peninsula from Arthurs Seat, where you can see straight over Port Phillip Bay to the city’s silhouette in the distance, and lunch at Flinders with views that open to the wild Southern Ocean
• Who needs Tuscany? At Main Ridge Dairy, watch the lush green grass dance in the light breeze from the rustic farmhouse where you’ll be sampling a selection local handmade cheeses and a glass of vino (or two)
• The culinary delights don’t stop there, with a stop at Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm where you can pick fresh strawberries and smother them in all manner of luxurious sauces while nestled into the rolling hills of the peninsula
Start your tour of the Mornington Peninsula from the top down. At Arthurs Seat, your day will start with breathtaking views of the Peninsula from its highest point. Take photographs from 314-metres high, looking for Melbourne on a clear day.
You will then step back onto the Café Bus, where you can lounge and chat in the booth seats that allow for the enjoyment of your free unlimited coffee and socialising.
Next on the itinerary is Main Ridge Dairy, where you will sample delicious farmhouse goats cheese in a beautiful setting where goats are free to roam.
At T’Gallant Winery, you will indulge in exquisite wines that epitomise the quality of the cool climate wines of the region. T’Gallant embraces European traditions and gives them a modern Australian twist. You’ll love their extensive range of artisan wines and the views you’ll get to enjoy while sampling their wine list.
You’ll get a chance to shop at Merricks General Wine Store, where you can check out the wine from three cellar doors, before sampling Mornington Peninsula Chocolates and enjoying a gourmet lunch in the MP Chocs Café. Weather permitting, our indulgences will be forgiven by a walk on the pier and a visit to Flinders Beach, before heading to the Sunnyridge Strawberry farm where you can pick your own strawberries and sip on strawberry based ciders and liqueurs.
Toast an amazing day at the Green Olive Winery, with a wide selection of delicious wines and an afternoon cheese platter. With all wine and cider tastings included and an extensive range of other gourmet delights provided while you cruise in the comfort of the Café Bus with an entertaining and professional guide, this will be a day of indulgence that you won’t forget.
Water, sunscreen, wine Tastings, free coffee, and more gourmet delights than your grandmother's pantry!
approx. 9 hours
7:45 AM Thu, Sat, Sun
4.30pm to 5.30 pm return to your hotel
City pickup at St Paul's cathedral (cnr of Flinders and Swanston St) at 7.45am or
free Hotel Pickup in Melbourne, St Kilda, Southbank, Docklands and South Yarra and surrounds between 7am-8am
Return back to your hotel between 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Please contact us 24 hours before travel to advise your pickup location.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://db.tt/8MDg99m2
Summer clothes on warm days; Warm clothes on cold days; hat, camera, and sense of fun
Not suitable for people under 18 years of age.
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.