Tour ID: 10054374
See Bruny Island from the sea and get a great perspective on just how high the sea cliffs are. There is so much to see when you take this cruise, you will be up close to the great wildlife and learn all about them from a passionate expert.
Join one of the greatest wildlife tours in the world and set sail on this Bruny Island cruise. Climb aboard custom-built boats that have been designed as the ultimate sightseeing vessel. Bring your camera for this unforgettable adventure with an award-winning team in one of the most spectacular places Australia has to offer.
• Be at one with nature on the award-winning yellow cruise vessel, where you can sit under cover on open air seating, and be among the great outdoors while remaining in comfort.
• Join the award-winning three-hour journey around Bruny Island to experience the wild and rugged coastline and its spectacular wildlife.
• Engage with the local wildlife in eco-friendly style with a maximum of 43 guests. The vessels are safe and comfortable, with minimal environmental impact and are 100% carbon offset. Their quiet operation means that you can get up close and personal with many of Tasmania’s favourite species.
• This tour is the winner of Australia’s Best Tourist Attraction Award for 2012, 2014, and 2015, and won the Australian Tourism Award’s best eco-tourism experience in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
• Bring your camera along to photograph sea eagles as they hang high above the rugged cliffs, pods of dolphins playing in the surf, and get up close to a thousand-strong colony of seals. This tour will capture your imagination.
This tour departs from Adventure Bay, which is around a 35 minute drive south from the ferry terminal on Bruny Island. Once you make your way to Adventure Bay, you will board one of the award-winning yellow cruising vessels which are the ultimate in comfort and design for sightseeing on this island. The vessels are green and quiet, which means that you can get up close and personal with the wildlife, including silently approaching rare birds’ nests, without fear of scaring or damaging the local colourful characters that call this marine land their home.
The vessels are also the ultimate in smooth sailing, with open-air under-cover seating that gives you access to panoramic views and allows you to be at one with nature.
On this tour you will see Bruny Island’s highest mountains, and at sea level you will be awed at the sight of the sheer cliff-face plunging into the rolling surf. You will cruise beneath towering crags and pass through the narrow inlet formed by the coastline and ‘The Monument’, the 30 metre high dolerite stack that will take your breath away.
You won’t have to search for long to see breathtaking sights where the Tasman Sea meets the Southern Ocean. These sights include the powerful ocean views, but also the incredible wildlife that will greet your sailboat as you cruise through the home of a rich and extensive habitat. The highly trained guides love their job, which will include locating some of Australia’s most impressive species of migrating whales, seals, and majestic sea birds.
Don’t forget your camera as you will need to capture the eco-adventure of a lifetime if you embark on this journey.
3 Hour Wilderness Cruise, Free Car Parking, Wind and Waterproof Jackets.
11:00 AM Daily
The 3 Hour Wilderness Cruises departs daily at 11.00am from 915 Adventure Bay Road, Bruny Island. Guests should make their own way to Adventure Bay by car, ensuring they arrive by 10.30am for check-in.
Warm Clothing, Camera
Child rate applies to children aged 3 to 16 years.
Infants under the age of 3 years travel free of charge.
Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended. And don't forget your camera!
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.