Tour ID: 10056014
Discover the fascinating and surprising stories of Māori in Sydney on this award-winning 2-hour walking tour of The Rocks guided by Māori.
- Visit sites in The Rocks where Māori have lived, loved, visited, traded, worked and died since 1793
- See Māori taonga ('cultural treasure') found on a local archaeological dig site and now exhibited at The Rocks Discovery Museum.
- Walk down Māori Lane
-Experience waiata - traditional Māori song
-Hear stories spanning 221 years:
* Visiting Māori chiefs; kidnappings; trade
* Wahine Toa; stories of Māori women
* ANZAC, Māori entertainers, sporting greats and more...
Poihākena tours: stories of Māori in Sydney – Winner 2015 National Trust Heritage Award - Heritage Tours & Multimedia – community and individuals
Tours depart from Campbells Cove, The Rocks. Poihākena tours take place on Gadigal Country - always has been, always will be.
2-hour guided walking tour.
11:00 AM Sat
The meeting point for this tour is under the big fig tree, by Campbell Cove Jetty, Campbells Cove, The Rocks
Sensible walking shoes; Umbrella and wet weather gear if the weather is wet or likely to rain; sun hat, sunscreen and water if it's hot.
Children under 8 free.
Child rate: 8-16 years inclusive
Family rate: 2 adults and 2 children
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.