Tour ID: 10056014
This is a great tour of The Rocks in Sydney. There is a fascinating Maori history in these parts and the stories are wonderful. J0in us and we will tell you all about another side of Sydney.
Discover the fascinating and surprising stories of Māori in Sydney on this award-winning 2-hour walking tour of The Rocks guided by Māori.
- Visit sites in The Rocks where Māori have lived, loved, visited, traded, worked and died since 1793
- See Māori taonga ('cultural treasure') found on a local archaeological dig site and now exhibited at The Rocks Discovery Museum.
- Walk down Māori Lane
-Experience waiata - traditional Māori song
-Hear stories spanning 221 years:
* Visiting Māori chiefs; kidnappings; trade
* Wahine Toa; stories of Māori women
* ANZAC, Māori entertainers, sporting greats and more...
Poihākena tours: stories of Māori in Sydney – Winner 2015 National Trust Heritage Award - Heritage Tours & Multimedia – community and individuals
Tours depart from Campbells Cove, The Rocks. Poihākena tours take place on Gadigal Country - always has been, always will be.
2-hour guided walking tour.
11:00 AM Sat
The meeting point for this tour is under the big fig tree, by Campbell Cove Jetty, Campbells Cove, The Rocks
Sensible walking shoes; Umbrella and wet weather gear if the weather is wet or likely to rain; sun hat, sunscreen and water if it's hot.
Children under 8 free.
Child rate: 8-16 years inclusive
Family rate: 2 adults and 2 children
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.