Tour ID: 10056286
This is the ultimate tour for beer lovers. We take you to places that locals don’t even know about. Included are the established breweries to the exciting emerging craft breweries. The tour visits five breweries from the list below and you also learn all about the art of brewing. You may get to taste a bacon flavoured beer! Who would have thought!
Take an urban beer odyssey and taste the best brews Melbourne has to offer, from established powerhouses to emerging craft brewers. Your expert guide will tell you all about Australia’s beer heritage while you taste beer from five breweries, with everything from classic lagers to innovations like bacon flavoured beer! This tour is an education you won’t want to miss.
Australians are world famous for their love of an ice-cold beer – but times are changing and in recent years the types and styles of beers being enjoyed have changed dramatically.
What’s stayed the same is our passion for good quality beer served with delicious food, all enjoyed with mates and good fun.
Depending on the time of day and what’s on offer, we may mix up our itinerary – but here’s a loose guide to some of the stops we make:
• Carlton & United Breweries: (Fosters, Victoria Bitter and Crown Lager)
• The Crafty (James) Squire: A generous tasting paddle and a complimentary drink of your choice to go with a delicious lunch
• Temple Brewery: A tasting paddle here that’s double the size of the usual paddle
• Moon Dog Brewery: Pushes the boundaries of beer with creations like Bloody Mary beers, Champagne beers and even ice-cream flavoured beers
• Mountain Goat Brewery: This is a truly hidden gem, famous for its innovative craft beers, we’ll drop in for a thorough tasting
• Two Birds Brewery: Has created a huge range of session beers and single batch brews that we’ll enjoy
• Foresters Hall: Now it is time for some live music in this iconic beer hall in Melbourne's inner north. This place has one of the biggest tap lists in Australia!
• Stomping Ground Brewery: A state of the art brew house and venue
• Brunswick Street Cider House: Melbourne’s favourite cider venue
• Clifton Hill Brewpub: A range of tasty craft brews and amazing gastro pub fair
With a maximum of 13 people (groups of more than six are urged to book a private tour), this tour is led by expert guides who will ensure you have a great day out.
Departing at 09:45am and returning between 6.30pm and 7pm, pick-ups are available from Habitat HQ, Federation Square, the Russell Street Extension or selected hotel venues. Please wear closed toed shoes.
Beer tastings and paddles.
Lunch with a complimentary tasting paddle and beer.
Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
Full day tour ~8 hours
10:50 AM Fri, Sun
Pick-ups are between 9:20-10:20am and we aim to return you between 6:30-7:30pm. We pick-up from: Habitat HQ (9:45am): 333 St Kilda Road, St Kilda VIC 3182. Federation Square (10:20am): Russell Street Extension, corner of Russell and Flinders Street. Hotel pick-ups in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs are available subject to availability.
Closed-toe shoes are required for the brewery floor tour.
Not suitable for people under 18 years of age.
Vegetarian and other dietary options is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
Copyright 2019 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.