Tour ID: 10056498
On this tour you will learn why convicts tried to escape, on their doorstep was amazing beauty and potential. On your way to Port Arthur you will see and stop at some amazing places. Tasman Arch and Devil's Kitchen are just two such places, the natural rock formations will have you reaching for the camera. This tour has both extraordinary scenery and heart wrenching stories.
This is the ultimate tour of Port Arthur; guided tour and tour of the Isle of the Dead.
Rich in visual history, the Port Arthur Historic Site evokes a powerful sense of our past convict era and of early Australian settlement heritage. Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, Port Arthur is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
• Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens
• Government House
• Cross the Tasman Bridge
• Enjoy and orientation tour through the historic town of richmond, including a phot stop at the famous Richmond Bridge (Oct-Apr)
• Pristine Pirates Bay
• Eaglehawk Neck
• Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
• Find out what's unique about Doo Town
• Port Arthur - historic convict site (spend around 5 hours)
• Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead
• See Port Arthur from a different perspective on an "Isle of the Dead" walking tour
• Take a guided walking tour of historic Port Arthur with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
• See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and more
• Visit highlights of Tasman National Park
• You will be in awe of the wonderful views from Pirates Bay lookout
• Superb views of the rugged coastline
Guided tour of Port Arthur, harbour cruise, guided tour of Isle of the Dead, Port Arthur admission and free Wi-Fi on coach
Departs 8.15am and returns approximately 5.30pm from October to April - 9 hours duration
Departs 9.15am and returns approximately 5.00pm frm May to September - 8 hours duration
8:15 AM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun
Brooke Street Pier, Hobart or hotel pickups available on request - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email.
Please note that this tour's departure time changes - Departure from Brooke Street Pier is at 8.15am October to April, and 9.15am May to September.
Children 4 – 14 years inclusive (15 and over is an adult, under 4 is free).
Copyright 2019 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.