Tour ID: 10058957
Russell Falls are located in Mt Fields National Park, Australia's first national park. During the hours trip from Hobart you travel along the Derwent River, passing through little towns and great countryside. You will also see fields of hops that go into the well known Tasmanian beers. Once arriving at the park, the walk is easy and you will be experiencing what a rainforest feels like, quite, moist and green. The trees are so tall it will be challenge to photograph them. The Russell Falls are beautiful, they are in a tiered cascading formation, you will not want to leave.
Experience the tranquility of pristine Australian rainforest and the serenity of Russell Falls at Mt Field National Park
· Travel north west skirting Mt Wellington and follow the Derwent River
· City of Glenorchy and Claremont - the home of Cadbury’s
· Look for native birds along the shores of the Derwent River
· The beautiful Derwent Valley - tiny towns and agriculture
· New Norfolk - heart of the Derwent Valley
· Pass through the Hop fields
· Visit ‘Salmon Ponds' - Salmon Ponds is the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
· Opportunity to feed the trout and salmon
· Inspect the Museum of Trout fishing and Tasmanian Angling Hall of Fame set amidst the historic buildings, hatchery and fish ponds, within the original English parkland of superb trees, hedges and lawns
· Delightful complimentary morning tea of cake and tea/coffee is included
· Learn about the events that make up Tasmania's rich angling history and the significant contribution to Tasmania's world renowned trout fishery
· Experience the stillness of rainforest fernglades at Mt Field National Park
· Majestic tall treeferns provide a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
· Witness the spectacle of Russell Falls
· Return alongside the Derwent River crossing Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran manufacturing firm.
· In season - buy fresh raspberries from roadside stalls
Morning tea, entry to Salmon Ponds and Mt Field National Park
9:15 AM Tue, Thu
Brooke Street Pier, Hobart or hotel pickups available on request - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email.
Children 4 – 14 years inclusive (15 and over is an adult, under 4 is free).
Russell Falls, Derwent Valley, New Norfolk and Mt Field
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.