Tour ID: 10061430
Join our amazing journey to one of Australia’s premier conservation parks Healesville Sanctuary and jump aboard historic Puffing Billy.
Ever heard of a duck billed platypus? Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of only five species of egg laying mammals in the world!
The only place in the world you can find these guys is on the Eastern seaboard of Australia and the BEST place to see them is Healesville Sanctuary. This beautiful Sanctuary is also home to our other favourite native animals - koalas, kangaroos, wombats, dingos and the spectacular Spirit of the Sky bird of prey show! Check out the Australian Wildlife Health Centre which treats more than 2000 sick or injured animals every year and includes a training facility for our future veterinarians! You will be captivated.
From here it’s a short trip to Australia’s favourite steam train the magnificent Puffing Billy. Lovingly restored to its former glory this century old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track in the Dandenong Ranges, through lush fern gullies, with some of the tallest Eucalyptus trees in the world, Mountain Ash towering overhead. Jump aboard you will be mesmerised.
- Get close to Australian wildlife Healesville Sanctuary, see the platypus and other favourites such as koalas, kangaroos, wombats & dingoes.
- Check out the unrivalled ‘Spirit of the Sky’ bird of prey and parrot show where birds show off the skill we admire the most - their ability to fly!
- Climb aboard the century old steam train Puffing Billy and enjoy the ride through lush fern gullies and Eucalyptus forests.
- Friendly and informative guide
- Healesville Sanctuary entry
- Historic Steam train ride
- Free wi-fi on selected tour vehicles.
- Magical Moment (MM) - Enjoy a special 10-minute close encounter with your favourite Australian animal. (costs payable direct)
- Meals and snacks are at passengers own expense.
8:30 AM Tue, Thu, Sat
5.30pm. Tour ends at 570 Flinders Street. No hotel drop off available.
This tour departs Tuesdyas, Thursdays and Saturdays from 570 Flinders Street, Melbourne.
We offer our customers a courtesy transfer service from a limited number of accommodations to our departure point at 570 Flinders Street.
Please contact us at least 24 hours prior to departure using the details provided on your booking confirmation to confirm pick up location.
Please note - you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time.
We accept no responsibility if you fail to nominate a pickup location- this must be confirmed at least 24 hours prior with our reservations team, failure to nominate and board the bus will result in fare forfeiture.
Please note all passengers will be dropped back to our main office at 570 Flinders Street after this tour. We will not be offering any other drop offs.
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & water bottle
- Sunscreen & hat
Due to the duration and nature of our day and extended tours, we do not believe they are suitable for children under 4 years of age. Due to limited storage space and occupational health and safety requirements, we are unable to take prams and/or pushers on our vehicles. For children 4 to 12 years of age child rates apply.
Luggage Allowance: Only small carry bags allowed - 5kg luggage limit
Melbourne, Dandenong Ranges and Healesville
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.