Tour ID: 10061442
Join our amazing journey to one of Australia’s premier conservation parks Healesville Sanctuary and jump aboard historic Puffing Billy.
Ever heard of a duck billed platypus? Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of only five species of egg laying mammals in the world!
The only place in the world you can find these guys is on the Eastern seaboard of Australia and the BEST place to see them is Healesville Sanctuary. This beautiful Sanctuary is also home to our other favourite native animals - koalas, kangaroos, wombats, dingos and the spectacular Spirit of the Sky bird of prey show! Check out the Australian Wildlife Health Centre which treats more than 2000 sick or injured animals every year and includes a training facility for our future veterinarians! You will be captivated.
From here it’s a short trip to Australia’s favourite steam train the magnificent Puffing Billy. Lovingly restored to its former glory this century old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track in the Dandenong Ranges, through lush fern gullies, with some of the tallest Eucalyptus trees in the world, Mountain Ash towering overhead. Jump aboard you will be mesmerised.
- Get close to Australian wildlife Healesville Sanctuary, see the platypus and other favourites such as koalas, kangaroos, wombats & dingoes
- Check out the unrivalled ‘Spirit of the Sky’ bird of prey and parrot show where birds show off the skill we admire the most - their ability to fly!
- Climb aboard the century old steam train Puffing Billy and enjoy the ride through lush fern gullies and Eucalyptus forests
- Continue on to the world famous Phillip Island Penguin Parade.
- Connect to Phillip Island; visit Seal Rocks & the Nobbies, take in the breathtaking scenery strolling along the Nobbies boardwalk
- Experience yet another highlight on this truly unforgettable day- the magical Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach. - Watch as hundreds of little penguins come out of the sea at dusk & head back to their homes in the sand dune burrows.
- Friendly and informative guide
- Healesville Sanctuary entry
- Historic Steam train ride
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade entry
- Magical Moment (MM) - Enjoy a special 10 minute close encounter with your favourite Australian animal. (payable direct)
13.5 - 15.5hrs (duration varies with season)
8:30 AM Tue, Thu, Sat
Returns seasonally between 10pm - midnight as the Penguins waddle in at Sunset.
This tour departs Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 570 Flinders Street, Melbourne.
We offer our customers a courtesy transfer service from a limited number of accommodations to our departure point at 570 Flinders Street.
Please contact us at least 24 hours prior to departure using the details provided on your booking confirmation to confirm pick up location.
Please note - you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time.
We accept no responsibility if you fail to nominate a pickup location- this must be confirmed at least 24 hours prior with our reservations team, failure to nominate and board the bus will result in fare forfeiture.
Please note passengers will be returned to their pick up point at the end of the tour.
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & water bottle
- Sunscreen & hat
Due to the duration and nature of our day and extended tours, we do not believe they are suitable for children under 4 years of age. Due to limited storage space and occupational health and safety requirements we are unable to take prams and/or pushers on our vehicles.
For children 4 to 12 years of age child rates apply.
Luggage Allowance: Only small carry bags allowed - 5kg luggage limit
Access to the Penguins Plus exclusive viewing area and private boardwalk.
Enjoy up close viewing of the Little Penguins in their natural habitat through an underground viewing window, with the comfort and convenience of being indoors.
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.