Tour ID: 10061933
This luxury three-day walk takes you from Tasmania’s capital via private boat to Bruny Island. Guests are treated to coastal walks, produce direct from the source, luxury camping and exquisite meals. Imagine this, meeting a local oyster farmer who’ll shuck you an oyster as pristine waters swirl about your ankles then drop in on a neighbour’s farm to collect free-range pork that has been slow cooking in their smoker for us overnight. And there is more!
On the edge of the Southern Ocean lies Bruny Island. It’s a place of bountiful produce, rare wildlife, rainforest and windswept beaches. This luxury three-day walk takes you from Tasmania’s capital via private boat to Bruny Island. Guests are treated to coastal walks, produce direct from the source, luxury camping and exquisite meals.
What makes the trip so special is access to Bruny’s lesser-known gems. Meet a local oyster farmer who’ll shuck you an oyster as pristine waters swirl about your ankles then Drop in on a neighbour’s farm to collect free-range pork that has been slow cooking in their smoker for us overnight.
After traversing headlands where the next stop is Antarctica retreat back to camp, built completely off-the-grid, with luxury in mind. Crisp sheets on king-sized beds and an outdoor shower framed by towering Eucalypts await. Rare nocturnal quolls and pademelons are curious visitors as night falls.
Hop aboard for an adventure cruise on the final day, journeying past the southern hemisphere’s highest sea-cliffs, keeping watch for whales, playful dolphins and lively fur seals.
Brimming with activity, this weekend is delivered in a relaxed style that will leave you feeling restored in a way only Bruny can.
– Three full days to explore Bruny Island with your guides
– Two nights glamping with a king-size bed and quality linen at our 100 acre retreat
– Return journey from the Hobart waterfront down the River Derwent to Bruny Island by private boat. We offer the only alternative to the long queues of the public vehicular ferry.
– Spectacular coastal walks to explore all corners of this amazing island
– Exclusive access to an oyster lease where you can help your self to as many oysters as you like, straight out of the water. They dont come any fresher!
– Absolute indulgence at every meal time with Tasmania’s finest food & wine (2 breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinners)
– Bruny Island Cruise (Best Attraction in Australia 2012, 14 & 15) with the chance to see seals, dolphins, whales and albatross.
– Expert, qualified guides
– All national parks passes
7:30 AM Tue, Fri
Meet at Daci & Daci Bakery at 730AM
9-11 Murray St Hobart
Here we will enjoy a coffee and run through the plan for the day before boarding our boat at 8AM
You will not be required to carry your bags while walking. However, as we will be using a number of different forms of transport we ask that you bring no more than the standard carry on size allowed by airlines.
Please arrange to store any extra luggage you may have in Hobart.
Bruny Island has a mild, temperate, maritime climate with four distinct seasons. During the day you can expect temperatures around 20 degrees Celsius but temperatures tend to drop quite quickly once the sun has set. Tasmanian weather is extremely variable and often at short notice so we recommend you pack clothing for all seasons.
•waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or similar)
•walking boots or walking shoes (we recommend they provide good ankle support and be well worn in to avoid blisters)
•1 change of lightweight shoes for around camp
•1 set of clothes for walking in including shorts and trousers, shirts/t-shirts & a warm jumper or polar fleece
•1 set of comfortable warm clothes for back at camp
•sun hat and beanie (yes you will probably need them both)
•socks and underwear
Minimum Age of 12 except for private trips
No child rate applies
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.