Tour ID: 10063258
Take advantage of this one-way day tour from Launceston to Hobart to see some 'must-do' sights, and transfer between cities. See Freycinet National Park and iconic Wineglass Bay on your journey.
An action-packed tour day from Launceston to Hobart via the world-famous Wineglass Bay and the East Coast.
We depart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring the delights and highlights of the East Coast before finishing our day in Hobart.
Our drive this morning takes us through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. We make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town.
After a brief stop in Campbell Town we travel to the East Coast, where we catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters.
Once inside Freycinet National Park we begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort!
For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time). Once on the beach, you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & great short walk.
We re-group ready for the onward journey to Hobart. Last but certainly not least we stop at Kate’s Berry Farm in the seaside township of Swansea. Here, Kate is serving up delicious Berry Ice-creams and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
We return to your Hobart central city accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only by arrangement at time of booking)
• Professional guides & interpretative walks
• National Park Entrance Fees
• Small, friendly groups
• CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
• Airport drop off’s on request
7:30 AM Tue, Thu, Sat
6:30pm - 7:00pm
Central city Launceston Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off central City Hobart Hotel/Hostel.
Duration: 1 Day
Departs: Launceston 7.30am
Returns: Hobart 6.30 - 7.00pm
Days: Thursday (01 May – 30 Sep)
Days: Thursday & Saturday (01 Oct – 30 Nov)
Days: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (01 Dec – 30 Apr)
• Sensible shoes for walking
• A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
• Hat & Sunscreen
• Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
• Sense of adventure
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. Children between 8 and 17 years travel at concession rate.
• This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
• All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
• Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm & weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks; and a packed lunch (or buy it on the day), camera.
• Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch
Hobart and Wineglass Bay
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.