Tour ID: 10003601
The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience spans 7.5kms over Australia’s pristine tropical rainforests and includes time at two rainforest mid-stations where guests can alight from the cableway to learn more about this fascinating environment on Ranger guided boardwalk tours and at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre. You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the forest at Skyrail’s two rainforest mid-stations for the ultimate tropical rainforest experience. In the comfortable six-person gondola cabins, the Skyrail journey immerses you in an intimate rainforest experience where you’ll see, hear, smell and become part of the tropical rainforest environment.
- Kuranda, the ‘Village in the Rainforest’ is a short walk from Skyrail. Here you find numerous attractions including markets, cafes, a butterfly sanctuary, bird aviary, koala park, art galleries and restaurants.
- Rainforest walking tracks take you on a gentle 3km circuit through Jumrum Creek Conservation Park.
- Skyrail’s Kuranda terminal is conveniently located beside the Kuranda Scenic Railway station
Barron Falls Station
- At 260 metres (853 feet) tall, the majestic Barron Falls is the most visited place in the Wet Tropics World Heritage area.
- Easy access walkways lead you through the rainforest to three separate lookouts providing breathtaking views of the Gorge and Falls
Red Peak Station
- Explore the forest floor on Skyrail’s 175 metre rainforest boardwalk and learn more from Skyrail’s Rangers as they share their environmental and cultural knowledge of the area.
- Take a closer look at the diverse array of plant species, including the towering 400 year old Kauri Pine.
- Learn from the rainforest displays and interpretative signage located throughout the station and its boardwalk
- Skyrail’s Smithfield terminal is 15 minutes north of Cairns city and 50 minutes south of Port Douglas.
Skyrail: The World’s Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience.
One-way Skyrail Experience departing from Skyrail’s Kuranda Terminal with stops at Barron Falls Station and Red Peak Station
Skyrail's gift shops are located at Smithfield and Kuranda Terminals, and stock a wide range of souvenirs, gifts, books, clothing and other merchandise.
Up to approximately 1.5 hours
1:00 PM Daily
3:00 PM Daily
This is a self drive package only. Skyrail’s Kuranda Terminal is conveniently located beside Kuranda Railway Station and is a short walk from the village of Kuranda, which is approximately 60 minutes south of Port Douglas and about 30 minutes drive to the west of Cairns. Self drive maps are readily available within Tropical North Queensland.
Daypacks and fold-up baby strollers can been taken on the cableway.
Luggage is not able to be carried on the cableway or coach transfer service.
Consider downloading the Skyrail App from the AppStore or Google Play to augment your Skyrail experience.
Child Fares 4-14 years.
Infants under 4 years are Free of Charge, however please include them in your booking request to ensure a boarding pass is issued.
Children must be accompanied by an adult while travelling on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
We recommend at least 1.5 hours for a one-way Skyrail experience
The rainforest is at its best in the rain! Skyrail is spectacular on a fine day and amazing in the wet. Travelling through the mist in your fully enclosed gondola cabin, you will see the rainforest come to life in the rain, and there are complimentary umbrellas available at the mid-stations.
For the protection of the environment smoking and the consumption of food and drink is prohibited in all gondolas. Eating and drinking is allowed at all of Skyrail’s terminals / stations.
Skyrail gondola cabins can accommodate most standard type wheelchairs. However, due to size restrictions and loading requirements, some types of wheelchairs can not be carried on the cableway. Please note, wheelchairs cannot be carried on the coach transfer service.
Copyright 2020 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.