Tour ID: 10039655
You get to see so much of the country around the Cairns area on this 5 hour tour. You travel to national parks, over mounain ranges and through the great Savannah countryside.
Afternoon Departures Also Available (see here)
Escape The Crowds On Our Exclusive 4WD Tour
Exclusive half day tour takes in three Wet Tropics Rainforest National Parks, and includes a visit to the most famous waterfall in Cairns, the Barron Falls. You’ll see stunning scenery, ranging from lush tropical rainforest to outback savannah. Visit mighty trees, swim in crystal clear waters and taste some tempting tropical fruit. Our exclusive permit allows us to visit areas not open to the public, while your naturalist guide will provide informative commentary. If you have limited time, want to escape the crowds and experience the true tropical rainforest of North Queensland, book this tour today.
After collection from your accommodation, we begin our journey. Driving up the Kuranda Range and passing through the small village of Kuranda. Here we enjoy a short driving tour of the village, before continuing to the World Heritage listed Barron Gorge National Park. This is home to the famous Barron Falls, which makes for a great photo opportunity at the stunning Wrights lookout.
Heading further west, we detour off the bitumen and make our way onto the Clohesy River Road. This is where we begin our four-wheel drive journey. Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public. Our track winds through rainforest and over some of the mountains of the Great Dividing Range. We’ll view ancient King Ferns before stopping at Clohesy Boardwalk, where your guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old.
After leaving the Clohesy River area, our next stop is Davies Creek, where you have the opportunity to take a swim in the crystal-clear waters. It’s always refreshing. Then a short journey to The Termite Roadside Fruit Stall, where you’ll enjoy tasting some of the region’s tropical fruits. You may want to try some Crocodile and purchase some of the local produce, including honey, nuts and of course, fruit.
Finally, as our tour concludes, we head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda Range. We stop at the breathtaking Henry Ross lookout, before arriving in Cairns where you are returned to your accommodation.
Access to exclusive permit areas in Rainforest
Light Morning Refreshments
Experienced and knowledgeable local Naturalist or Eco/World Heritage Accredited Guide.
National Park fees
Transfers to and from your Hotel
Optional return from Kuranda by either the Skyrail (includes transfer to Cairns Hotel) or Scenic Train (make your own way from Cairns Railway Station)
Approximately 5 hours
7:00 AM Daily
Drop off is at 12.00pm
Departs: Cairns 7.00am. If you are staying at Cairns Northern Beaches, we can arrange to meet you at a pick up at The Skyrail Terminal.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found here.
Hat, Camera, Sunscreen 30+, Insect repellent, Comfortable light clothing and walking shoes, Water Bottle
Children are aged 4 - 14 inclusive
Tour is not suitable for infants (under 4) unless on a private charter.
Tour is not suitable for infants in prams or strollers
Family price applies to 2 adults and 2 children up to the age of 14 years.
Small group - Maximum 13 people offering unrivaled, friendly and personalised service
- Naturalist Guides. Informative guided walks and commentary.
- Private World Heritage Rainforest. Not open to the general public.
- Off Road ‘Soft’ Four Wheel Driving. Through rainforest creeks, in an air-conditioned, late model 4WD vehicle.
- Davies Creek. A local ‘secret spot’.
- Tropical Fruit Tasting. Option to purchase some, at additional cost.
- Clohsey River Boardwalk. Enjoy the peace and serenity of this private, secluded rainforest.
- Clohsey Fig Tree. Ancient tree, amazing experience.
- Termite Mounds. Dot the open country savannah.
- Barron Falls. Possibly the most famous waterfall in North Queensland.
- National Parks. Travel through three Wet Tropics National Parks; the tour price includes all relevant fees and permits.
- Secret Giant Trees. We’ll show you hidden giants in World Heritage Rainforest.
- 5 Photo Opportunities in beautiful locations.
- Travel in comfortable late model, well-appointed vehicles
Kuranda, Lake Morris, Lake Placid and Clohesy River
Copyright 2020 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.