Tour ID: 10001388
A stunning day of dramatic wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife. Mt. Field National Park offers a variety of walks in Tasmania’s oldest National Park. Most famous for Russell Falls & the Tall Trees we explore the various walks and regions of this diverse area, only a 90min drive from Hobart. The day is perfectly complimented with a guided walk around Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to see our native wildlife and a striking vista from the summit of Mt Wellington to round the day off.
Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognisable waterfall with its 3 tiered drop. It is an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track that takes us to this photogenic waterfall and beyond to Horseshoe Falls. We also make our way along the Tall Trees Track where high above us stand the giant Swamp Gums 80 metres tall. This is a series of short, spectacular walks amongst the cool and quiet rainforest, eucalypts, streams and local wildlife.
Further up into the National Park we join the Pandani Grove Trail which takes us around the Alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in this lesser visited region of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded with snow in the winter months, and is a great opportunity to spot platypus in the summer months – just gorgeous! The vegetation dates back to the Gondwanaland era giving this area an enchanting and ancient feel.
We enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings at Mt. Field before continuing onwards for the day.
We visit Bonorong Wildlife Park which is home to many of our rescued and well loved wildlife. Tassie Devils are close up, wallabies are freely hopping around the park and many more of our local favourites are easily discovered here.
To top off this very Tasmanian Day we head to the summit of Mt. Wellington (1271m) Hobart’s iconic backdrop. The views from the top are breathtaking and the vista is expansive. This is a fantastic way to wrap up a day exploring many of Tassie’s most unique experiences, rainforests, waterfalls, wildlife and fabulous scenery.
We return you to your Hobart CBD hotel around 5.30pm.
• Mt. Field National Park (4 hrs)
• Russell Falls Walk
• Horseshoe Falls
• Tall Trees Walk
• Pandani Grove Alpine Walk
• Lake Dobson
• Bonorong Wildlife Park
• Mt. Wellington/Kunanyi Summit (1271m)
• National Park entrance fee
• Wildlife Park entrance fee
• Professional guides and interpretive walks
• Small, friendly groups
• CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase your lunch/refreshments on the day.
What to bring/wear
• Sensible shoes for walking
• A variety of warm clothing
• Weatherproof jacket if possible
• Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
• Sense of adventure
TTG Code: Top Nine Day Tours from Hobart
National Parks Pass, Entry Fee and guided tour at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, Fully guided walks and interpretation from our Tour Guides.
We will stop on the way for you to buy lunch. Or pack a picnic lunch to enjoy within the beautiful Mt. Field National Park
No Specific Times Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun
We pick up from Hobart CBD Hotels and Hostels. Pick up times commence from 7.00am. You will need to ensure your pick up is confirmed and your time is confirmed prior to departure.
A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://db.tt/jW0ReKGU
Day pack, camera, comfortable footwear for walking, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle. Warm jumper and rain jacket if the weather is not so good.
Children must be over 8 years of age. Children 8 years to 17 years of age may travel at the child price.
•This tour will involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of
general health and fitness and physical ability is essential
• All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities, subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• There is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way or you are welcome to bring along your own packed lunch
• What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle/drinks; snacks; and lunch (or buy it on the day)
Russell Falls, New Norfolk, Mt Field and Mt Wellington
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.