"OCEAN FREEDOM" CRUISE UPOLU CAY + OUTER EDGE UPOLU REEF with CAIRNS PREMIER REEF & ISLAND TOURS
The above prices include $10.00 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.
Prices are listed in Australian dollars and include GST.
- Tour Details
- Optional Extras
Included in price:
• Adventure Drift Snorkelling Tour with Marine Naturalist, • Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter, • Glass bottom Boat Tour, • Snorkelling Tuition, • Top quality Snorkelling equipment (masks, flippers, snorkel), • Buoyancy snorkel vests, • Lycra suits /or wet suits (depending on season), • 2 Reef destinations on the day including Upolu Cay Reef + Outer Edge Upolu Reef, • Prescription masks, • 6 full hours on the Reef, • Tea and coffee all day, • Fresh Fruit and Danish pastries on boarding, • Large smorgasbord lunch with seafood, • Platter tropical fruit, cheese and crackers, assorted cake served during day,
Available for purchase/hire:
• Refreshments , Licensed bar, and quality merchandise available for purchase . Underwater cameras for purchase, .
8 and 1/2 hours
7:30 AM Daily
Cairns and Cairns Beaches
If making own way go to Reef Fleet terminal for check-in. Bus Transfers from the Northen Beaches and Cairns City are available at additional charge payable direct on check-in. Outer City and Northern Beaches transfers are $18 per person. Cairns Inner City transfers are $12 per person. Furthest bus pick-up is from Palm Cove. If needing a bus pick-up please provide your accommodation information on the booking form. Bus transfers must be pre-booked . Payment on boat on day of travel. All bus pick-ups will be taken to the Reef Fleet terminal where you will check into the desk. After the tour you will be picked up also from the Reef Fleet terminal where you were dropped off in the morning.
What to bring:
Towel, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen ( factor 15 + - no oil!), credit card or cash if wanting any optional extras or merchandise, sweatshirt may be needed in Winter for the journey home.
Fitness level required:
All children are welcome and everyone is looked after equally - however we are on a boat and it is expected that there will be parental supervision at all times
Optional Extras: Diving :
Introductory Diving ( guaranteed 1:2 dive instuctor to diver ratio) First dive : $105, Second Dive : $50
Certified Diving ( includes all top equipment and guide) First Dive : $70 Second Dive : $35
All diving is subject to a medical questionnaire being filled in - anyone turned down for a dive due to a medical problem will be fully refunded the dive money
Cairns, Great Barrier Reef and Upolu Cay
First Certified Dive
Adults: $70.00 | Children: – | Family: – | Pensioners: –
First Introductory Dive
Adults: $105.00 | Children: – | Family: – | Pensioners: –
Second Certified Dive
Adults: $35.00 | Children: – | Family: – | Pensioners: –
Second Introductory Dive
Adults: $50.00 | Children: – | Family: – | Pensioners: –
Need more information? Ask a question here!
OCEAN FREEDOM : Cruise Upolu Cay + the Outer Edge of Upolu Reef
"Ocean Freedom" is a luxury high speed, locally owned and operated, 20M CAT which goes to 2 stunning locations – the beautiful, clear , turquoise , shallow waters of Upolu Cay Reef and "Wonder Wall" on the Outer Edge of Upolu Reef.
It is an extremely personal tour carrying low passenger numbers and offering more of a day out with "family and friends" whilst still ensuring a safe and professional tour.
Ocean Freedom is a comfortable fast speed boat with sunbathing and shaded areas for those liking the fresh air and a comfortable air-conditioned saloon for those preferring the cooler option . Due to its high speed "Ocean Freedom” takes just over an hour to get to the Great Barrier Reef and only 10 minutes travel time between 1st and 2nd reef locations allowing 6 hours of unrushed pleasure on the Great barrier Reef.
Enjoy a complimentary informative Adventure Drift Snorkel Tour and Glass Bottom Boat Tour . All guests can enjoy all the in-water activities offered as our friendly competent crew will teach and assist in-water if needed. Diving is an optional extra and is highly personalized. Enjoy an Introductory or first time dive with only 2 divers to one instructor ( usually 4 :1) . Certified divers dive in small groups with a complimentary guide. All potential divers will need to fill out a diving medical questionnaire to assess their suitability to dive. With absolutely no rush in the day, many inclusions, great food and unsurpassable service the luxurious “Ocean Freedom” is a must do reef trip - you won't be disappointed !
YOUR UPOLU CAY TOUR INCLUDES
• Adventure Drift Snorkelling Tour with Marine Naturalist
• Reef Talk by Marine Interpreter
• Glass bottom Boat Tour
• Snorkelling Tuition and in-water assistance if needed
• Top quality Snorkelling equipment (masks, flippers, snorkel)
• Comfortable Buoyancy snorkel vests
• Fresh Fruit and Danish pastries on boarding
• Lycra suits /or wet suits (depending on season)
• 2 Reef destinations on the day including Upolu Cay Reef + Outer Edge Upolu Reef
• 6 full hours on the Reef
• Tea and coffee all day
• Large smorgasbord lunch with seafood
• Platter tropical fruit, cheese and crackers, assorted cake served on cruise home
• ( Refreshments , Licensed bar, and quality merchandise available for purchasee)
Your Day on Ocean Freedom
- Check-in from 7.15 am at the Reef Fleet Terminal , Cairns Marina
- After check-in boarding from 7.30am at A Finger no 5 Marlin Marina
Ocean Freedom departs at 8.00am . On leaving the dock and after a safety brief relax and enjoy the comfortable cruise to the Great barrier Reef. The order of the 2 destinations depends on the conditions on the day .
- Upolu Cay Reef . Enjoy an informative Glass Bottom Boat tour . Snorkel and dive this very pretty site.
Surrounded by stunning turquoise water look out for turtles, stingrays hovering over the white coral sand feeding and the colourful damsel fish darting in and out of the staghorn coral .
- Lunch is served approximately from 11:30 - 12.00 pm. Enjoy a large scrumptious smorgasbord lunch consisting of a meat platter with 3 different meats , chicken platter, prawns, smoked salmon
and 3 different salads and a selection of breads. While lunch is being enjoyed we cruise slowly to our second site.
- The amazing “Wonder Wall” on the Outer Edge of Upolu Reef . Snorkel and dive here .View many different types of hard and soft coral in addition to fans, giant clams, turtles, a huge diversity
and abundance of reef fish of all sizes, nemos everywhere! Enjoy an informative Adventure Drift Snorkel tour with our Marine Naturalist along "Wonder Wall"
- After a full 6 hrs of unrushed pleasure on the Great Barrier Reef – cruise home while our crew serve a sumptuous selection of tropical fruit , cheese + crackers and the decadent cake platter – an ultimate way
to wind down after a magical day on the one and only Great Barrier Reef.
- Arrive in Cairns from 4.15pm