Tour ID: 10044811
If you’re up for a single day packed with memories that will last a lifetime, the famous Port Arthur and Tassie Devils Mega Day Tour is right for you. This is an 11-hour non-stop experience like no other. Immerse yourself in riveting history, be awed by the natural attractions of the Tasman Peninsula and get amongst Tasmania’s incredible local wildlife.
• Take an hour to stroll around the historic colonial village of Richmond, Australia’s most historic town and the site of the oldest bridge in Australia
• Be awed by the breathtaking views of the Tasman Peninsula from Pirates Bay Lookout and Eaglehawk neck before strolling on the golden sands of the pristine Egg Beach, where you will learn about the famous convict Dogline
• Immerse yourself in Tasmania’s most visited site, Port Arthur, where you can take in the rich history of over 30 buildings, take a walking tour, go on a harbour cruise, and be educated and entertained in the local museum
• See the awe-inspiring majestic beauty of the Tasman Arch, where you can snap a postcard perfect picture of the fluted sea cliffs of the Arch and Devil’s Kitchen
• Speaking of Devils, what kind of a mega tour would this be if you didn’t get up close and personal with Tassie’s favourite kind of devil? At the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park, you’ll get to engage with these magnificent creatures as well as many other local characters, including kangaroos and wallabies that love to be hand-fed, and many other weird and wonderful species of local wildlife
• Learn about the treacherous lives of the convicts that shaped Tasmania’s history and formed the foundations of the island state on a DVD storyteller that entertains you while you travel between Tasmania’s most exciting locations
18,000 people can’t be wrong about the value of this fantastic tour. You will board a 13-seat tour bus at 8 am, where you will be whisked from either Hobart or Richmond to the historical village at Richmond, one of Tasmania’s most popular destinations. You’ll have plenty of time in Richmond to stroll around the village that is famous among wine and food lovers, and those who appreciate the elegance of Georgian architecture.
After you take in all of the world-famous heritage sights in Richmond, you will be awed by the most spectacular scenic coastline drives in Tasmania. Looking over the Tasman Peninsula, you will be able to photograph the breathtaking views from two perspectives before getting up close to the rolling waves and strolling on the sands of Egg Beach.
At Port Arthur historic site, you will be moved by the rich history of the location. From a convict station to a colonial timber camp, right through to one of Australia’s harshest prisons and the world-famous tourist destination that it is today, you will stand on the ground that has regularly been shaken with horror.
Once you’ve soaked up all the scenic views and immersed yourself in the most intriguing histories, it will be time to get up close and personal with the weird and wonderful local wildlife at the Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park; you will watch as the famous Tassie Devil snarls, snuffles, crushes bones and devilishly feeds and scratches. You will also get to hand-feed kangaroos and engage with wonderful wallabies. Rare eagles and hawks, quaint quolls and many other species will delight you on a wildlife walk.
This day is for those who want to fully engage with Tasmania. There will not be a moment to be missed in the 11 hours of non-stop Tassie highlights. Bring sunscreen and a rain jacket as you never know in Tasmania!
TTG Code: Top Nine Day Tours from Hobart
Port Arthur entrance fee, harbour cruise, walking tour and wildlife park entrance fee, Modern 13 seat Air conditioned bus equipped with DVD players and TV. NEW DVD CONVICT STORYTELLER NOW PLAYING!, Tour translation books available
8:00 AM Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun
Hobart and Richmond
We pick up from all hotels, backpackers and private accommodation in the greater Hobart area, airport pick ups and drop offs available.
Warm jacket, camera, sunscreen, rain jacket.......you never know.
We welcome children on our tours. Child prices apply to 3-16 years
TOURS OPERATE ALL YEAR ROUND.
Lunch is not provided on tour but passengers will have time to buy lunch at plenty of stops along the way or from the Port Arthur Cafe...or bring your own if you like.
Port Arthur, Richmond, Dunalley and Remarkable Caves
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.