Tour ID: 10053119
Travelling the spectacular Great Ocean Road, you’ll view the superb coastal scenery of magnificent surf beaches and the treacherous Loch Ard Gorge on shipwreck coast, peruse exquisite Australian wildlife, while walking in ancient rainforests and stand in awe of the majestic Twelve Apostles.
This enthralling tour departs Melbourne at 7:45 am daily, with selected accommodation pickups available on request. With your friendly guide and fellow adventurers, you’ll hit the road and head to the surf coast highway to some of the most spectacular beaches displaying the mighty waves you’ll ever see. Winding your way down the Great Ocean Road, you’ll stop at Teddy’s Lookout, located on the outskirts of Lorne. A short, pleasant stroll takes you to the viewing platform for a breathtaking look at the coastal views and the thunderous surf as it breaks into the mouth of the majestic Saint George River. Next, it’s back on the bus and off to meet some very cute locals, like the very cuddly koala and some extremely colourful and very cheeky parrots and lorikeets. You’ll stop in the quaint seaside township of Apollo Bay for a delicious picnic lunch, rest and relaxation while soaking up the special ambience of this beautiful beach.
Fully rejuvenated, ready and raring to go, you’ll travel through the unspoiled landscape of the very impressive Otway Ranges. Wander amongst the tall eucalyptus trees, ancient pre-historic plant life and lush green ferns. Gaze in awe at the enormous Giant Tree Ferns and experience the full beauty of this rainforest.
You’ll view Loch Ard Gorge as you travel the Shipwreck coast, where hundreds of ships have gone down in this area with only a third of them recovered. Then, it’s off to the absolutely magnificent Twelve Apostles. This spectacular collection of limestone stacks are a must see – located off the shore of the Port Campbell National Park and positioned within close proximity to each other, you’ll be in for a treat at any time of year. In the warmer months, sit in fresh, crisp sunshine and marvel at the rich ancient colours and landscapes. In the cooler months, watch the stormy black skies roll in as the glorious sun peeks through the clouds.
You’ll next visit Razorback Rock and London Bridge. Take a walk down Gibson's Steps onto the beach and peruse this spectacular region from a different view point. You’ll stop at the quaint country town of Colac, from which you can purchase a lovely dinner, before you’ll head back to Melbourne, arriving at around 9 pm.
The Eureka Skydeck Tower with Edge Experience and the Scenic Helicopter Flight over the Twelve Apostles are available with this tour for an additional charge.
Please feel free to ask about our complimentary iPod Nano language translation service that incorporates a personalised commentary in nine different languages and covers the highlights of your tour.
TTG Code: Top Nine Great Ocean Road Day Tours
- City pick up and Drop off
- Professional guide
- Morning Tea
- National Park Fees
Optional Extra Add On:
- Entry to Eureka Skydeck Tower with Edge Experience Ticket $25
- Scenic Helicopter Flight over 12 Apostles $145
7:45 AM Daily
Please indicate which PICKUP LOCATION you would like to be collected from: (list in accommodation box)
- 7:10 Base Backpackers - 17 CARLISLE ST, STKILDA
- 7:20 Coffee Palace - 24 GREY STREET, STKILDA
- 7:05 Discovery Melbourne - 167 FRANKLIN ST, MELBOURNE
- 7:15 Habitat HQ - 333 STKILDA RD, STKILDA
- 7:35 Holiday Inn - 575 FLINDERS LANE, MELBOURNE
- 7:45 Immigration Museum - CNR OF FLINDERS & MARKET STREET
- 7:10 Nomads Melbourne (Industry) - 196 ABECKETT ST, MELBOURNE
- 7:25 Regent Theatre - 191 COLLINS ST, MELBOURNE
- 6:50 Rydges Carlton - 701 SWANSTON ST, CARLTON
- 7:15 St Paul's Cathedral - CORNER OF SWANSTON & FLINDERS STREET
- 7:35 YHA Central Melb - 562 FLINDERS ST, MELBOURNE
- 6:50 YHA Melb Metro - 78 HOWARD ST, NORTH MELBOURNE
Comfortable footwear, water bottle, camera, sunscreen, weather appropriate clothes - bathers in Summer, hat, raincoat.
Infants to 12 years old children can travel on a child fee of $80
FREE INDIVIDUAL LANGUAGE TRANSLATION iPOD
- Japanese, Korean,Cantonese, Mandarin, Dutch, Spanish (latin), French, German, Portuguese (Brazil).
We provide the use of free iPods in 9 languages on both our Great Ocean Road tour and Penguin Parade and Koala Highlights tour. This personalized commentary service (by use of the iPod Nano) covers all the highlights of each tour, and is delivered in a clear, concise and informative manner.
* Please note that to guarantee use of the free iPod, the iPod needs to be requested at time of booking. Also, we require a small holding security on day of travel.
Great Ocean Road, Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay and Angelsea
Great Ocean Road with add on Scenic Helicopter Flight over the 12 Apostles
Adults: $145.00 | Children: $145.00
Great Ocean Road Tour with Entry into the Eureka Skydeck Tower plus Edge Experience Ticket
Adults: $25.00 | Children: $25.00
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.