Tour ID: 10053842
This is the perfect tour for all the family to enjoy. You travel on the famous steam train, Puffing Billy, passing cute villiages and great scenery. All this and it is not fay out of Melbourne!
Ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Take in the beauty of Sherbrooke Forest and visit the quaint mountain village of Sassafras.
· Melbourne’s eastern suburbs
· The Dandenongs Ranges National Park - home of the lyrebird, superb traditional gardens and towering mountain ash forests
· Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs, tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
· Meet the locals at Grants Picnic Ground…colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! (Opportunity to hand feed at own expense)
· Enjoy an Aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons, vegemite and crackers - old fashioned hospitality in delightful surrounds…what a treat!
· Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
· Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
· Visit Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques (approx 30mins)
· Views of Melbourne’s skyline, Silvan Dam and the rolling hills.
· Historic steam train ride (Puffing Billy)
· Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, vegemite and crackers
· Free Wi-Fi on coach
5 hours approximately
8:10 AM Daily
1pm - Federation Square. Hotel drop offs are not possible after this tour.
Tour departs from Gray Line Office at Federation Square East (corner of Flinders & Russell Streets) or hotel pickups available on request - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email.
Children 4 – 14 years inclusive (15 and over is an adult, under 4 is free).
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.