Tour ID: 10053932
Gold - 1850 - The world focussed on Ballarat as the cry 'Gold' echoed around the globe. People from all nations poured into Ballarat to seek a fortune, many found the real Australia and decided to make this great land their home. Today, you too can capture the excitement of these bawdy times as you visit the scene of revolt, rebellion and the emergence of democracy at Eureka and Sovereign Hill - Ballarat.
The Ballarat Wildlife Park is a high standard, well planned fauna reserve affording excellent opportunities to 'mix' with native Australian animals.
• Travel the Western Highway - stagecoach route of the 1850's
• Bacchus Marsh - a landscape of orchards - once a resting place for the Cobb & Co stagecoach
• Ballarat - enjoy a complete town tour of this gracious city with its exquisite gardens and noble statues
• Visit the Ballarat Wildlife Park nestled in a native bush land habitat where you can join a guided tour
• Feed the free range kangaroos
• Experience an emu encounter
• Meet and touch koalas
• See Tasmanian Devils feeding
• See goannas and giant lizards
• Shudder at the sight of venomous snakes and voracious crocodiles
• Eureka Stockade - site of the 1854 Miner's Rebellion
• Visit Sovereign Hill - an authentic recreation of an 1850's gold mining town. See & experience...
• Gold panning in Red Gully Creek
• Join the "Journey through the Labyrinth of Gold" guided tour on an inclined tramway deep underground
• Witness original working conditions and demonstrations of early mining equipment
• Explore the many original shops ...
• Blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen
• Visit the Gold Museum
• Perhaps try some homemade boiled lollies! Maybe a Devonshire Tea at the New York Bakery?
• The Chinese Village - highlighting Chinese involvement in the goldfields
• Why not ride a stagecoach!
• Take in the atmosphere of Main St.
• Watch the Giant Crushing Battery
• Treat yourself to lunch at the United States Hotel (own expense)
Entrance fees to Sovereign Hill & Gold Musuem and the Red Hill Mine Tour, entrance fees to Ballarat Wildlife Park with guided tour and free Wi-Fi on coach
8:15 AM Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat
Tour departs from Gray Line Office at Federation Square East (corner of Flinders & Russell Streets) or hotel pickups available on request - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email.
Please wear sturdy walking shoes.
Children 4 – 14 years inclusive (15 and over is an adult, under 4 is free).
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.