Tour ID: 10056690
Out in the wide sky wheat plains, Wave Rock stands as a perfect surfers wave yet frozen in solid rock. The colonial town of York, set in the lush Avon Valley, tiny wheatlands townships and other strange rocks protruding from arid soil show the real Australia, ever waiting for life giving rains.
• Cross the Swan River Causeway and pass Burswood Casino and Resort
• Head east and follow the sun on to the Great Eastern Highway
• Climb the Darling Ranges and cross vast dry farming plains
• Visit historic York - original and untouched centre of the Avon Valley
• Look for crows, cockatoos and galahs
• Wheatbelt town of Corrigin - noted for the "dog in the ute" national record
• Hyden - town centre for Wave Rock
• Striking rock formations of Hippo's Yawn
• Wave Rock - one of nature's most remarkable creations
• Enjoy a picnic lunch at Wave Rock Wildflowers shop
• Take an exclusive Aboriginal guided tour along the base and over the top of Wave Rock
• Time to visit the native Wildlife Park or browse in the Antique Lace Collection
• Explore the Humps and Mulka's Cave
• Learn the story of Mulka and ancient Aboriginal cave paintings
• Stop at "bustling" Babakin, population 18 for a delicious country style afternoon tea - a special treat! (own expense)
• During wildflower season (September - November) roadside stops will be made to view native wildflowers
• Journey back to Perth passing endless farms and big horizons
• Superb views of Perth's evening lights from the majestic Darling Ranges.
Picnic lunch, admission to Wave Rock and Antique Lace Collection
8:00 AM Daily
Tour departs from the Crown Perth, Riverside Taxi Rank next to McDonalds. Passengers meeting here are required to check-in by 7.45am.
Selected hotel pickups available - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email.
Children 4 – 14 years inclusive (15 and over is an adult, under 4 is free).
Tour operates Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Tour will also be operating daily in April 2016 and from September 2016 to 31March 2017.
Wave Rock, York and Avon Valley
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.