Tour ID: 10058742
Discover mouth watering taste sensations, visit the home of passionate football supporters, be enchanted and charmed by the sport of kings, delight in historical architectural splendour and get surprised and excited by bohemian Melbourne.
The northern tour exposes Melbourne’s essence – cafe culture, club based Australian football, the intrigue of Flemington horse racing and Australia’s first world heritage listed structure.
• Drive past the World Heritage listed Carlton Gardens and Royal Exhibition Building
• Learn how Carlton was shaped by it’s colourful background
• Inspect the visually tantalising eatery “Brunetti” of Lygon Street
• Pass by our foremost tertiary institution “Melbourne University”
• Encounter one of Melbourne’s premier tree lined boulevards
• Visit a famous Australian Football League Club.
• Drive through Royal Park and past Melbourne Zoo
• View famous Flemington Racecourse and its hidden attractions
• Explore alternative “Brunswick Street” including “Naked for Satan”, “San Churro Choclateria”, “Little Creatures Brewery”
• Return to the city via historic St Patricks Cathedral
A 12 seater mini bus is used for a more personalised, friendly and easy going tour. A small bus can also access and park in places beyond the reach of a larger bus. "Less is More".
9:30 AM Tue, Thu
Tours Depart: Rear of Federation Square, Cnr Flinders Street & Russell Street, Melbourne (Outside Ian Potter Centre)
Children 4yo - 12yo - $40 per person
Children 3yo & under - Free. Please check for seating availability
MELBOURNE ENCOUNTOUR tours include:
- Air Conditioned comfort
- Umbrellas supplied
- Water supplied
- Sunscreen supplied
- First Aid Kit onboard
- A Gift to remind you of your Melbourne Encountour experience
Remember it is your responsibility to board a tour on time at commencement and to reboard on time after each stop. Tours will run to schedule unless unexpected traffic conditions or other factors beyond our control prevent it.
MELBOURNE ENCOUNTOUR may need to respond to changed circumstances by altering content, fares, departure dates and times as required.
Minimum passenger numbers are needed for a tour to operate. We aim to protect the interest of paying customers and a tour’s viability by deterring late cancellations. Therefore the following penalties will be imposed:
Total loss of fare for cancellation within 24 hours of departure
50% loss of fare within 48 hours of departure
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.