Tour ID: 10059133
· Head south out of Darwin on the Stuart Highway
· Endless outback scrubs and WWII air strips
· Adelaide River War Cemetery visit - memorial of Darwin war raids in the 1940s
· Wallabies can usually be seen in this area
· Nitmiluk National Park - take a two hour guided scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge
· Look for freshwater crocodiles on the banks
· After the first gorge there is a short walk along the side to the second gorge
· Marvel at the stark, sheer, richly coloured escarpments of the Katherine Gorge Canyon
· Tour through the outback township of Katherine - the third largest in the Territory
· Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at Katherine Gorge Visitors Centre in Nitmiluk National Park
· Travel the western side of Nitmiluk National Park to superb Edith Falls
· Time for a swim in the waterhole below the falls (conditions permitting) or relax on the grassy banks
Hotel pickup and drop off, Katherine Gorge Cruise, buffet lunch, entry fees
6:15 AM Mon, Wed, Sat
Tour departs from the Transit Centre, Mitchell Street near Peel Street, Darwin – hotel pickups available on request - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the most convenient location in your confirmation email
Hats, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
Children 2 – 15 years inclusive (16 and over is an adult, under 2 is free).
Our itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions.
Adelaide River and Katherine Gorge
Copyright 2015 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.