Tour ID: 10063257
Travel from Hobart to Launcestion in one day, stopping to see the beautful Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park along the way. This day tour offers the best of both worlds: a transfer between cities and a scenic day tour of one of the iconic most locations in Tasmania
An action-packed tour day from Hobart to Launceston via the world famous Wineglass Bay and the East Coast.
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet area we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding pristine waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where your guide will help you take those sought-after photographs and offer you some walking options for the day. This walk takes around 1.5 hours, is graded as an easy but uphill walk.
For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time). You have time on this famous beach to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & great short walk.
We re-group ready for the return journey to Launceston. While still on the East Coast we make a final stop for the day where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted ice-creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie! Then it's onwards to Launceston arriving around 6.30 - 7.00pm.
• National Park entrance fee
• Professional guides and interpretative walks
• Small, friendly groups
• Pick-up from Hobart Central city hotels/hostels and drop off to central Launceston hotels/hostels
7:30 AM Tue, Thu, Sat
between 6:30pm and 7:00pm
Central city Hotel/Hostel pick up in Hobart and drop of central city Hotel/Hostel in Launceston.
Departs: Hobart 7.30am
Returns: Launceston 6.30pm
Days: Thursday – 01 May to 30 Sep
Days: Thursday & Saturday – 01 Oct to 30 Nov
Days: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday – 01 Dec to 30 April
Sensible shoes for walking,
A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing,
Hat & Sunscreen,
Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day),
Sense of adventure,
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. Children between 8 and 17 years will travel at concession rate.
• This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
• All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
• Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch
Launceston and Wineglass Bay
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.