Tour ID: 10063685
Marvel at the changing colours of the desert landscape with a visit to the Pinnacles Desert at sunset! Explore the unique limestone structures and spend the day exploring some of the West Coast’s most stunning natural regions!
Just a short drive from Perth, our first stop is at the Yanchep National Park. Spend time visiting the beautiful grounds here and keep an eye out for the curious kangaroos before relaxing with a coffee at the Chocolate Drop tea rooms. Admire the view of the gardens, view the stunning wildflowers in spring, or simply take a short walk to spot some cuddly koalas up in the trees along the boardwalk. You will also find there is time to join a guided tour of enchanting Crystal Cave (own expense).
Next we journey to Hangover Bay, a beautiful beach known for its wandering wildlife and white sandy shores. As you stroll by the water, keep an eye out for bottle nose dolphins and Australian sea lions which can often be spotted here. There may even be time for a swim!
As we near the end of our tour, we head to our final and most exciting destination the amazing Pinnacles Desert in Nambung National Park. Here we enjoy a delicious picnic dinner before walking through the wondrous limestone formations and watch as the colours change during the golden last hours of daylight. Explore the hundreds of ancient stacks as they glow just before the sunsets over the beautiful Indian Ocean, casting huge shadows over the sand. After the sun has set, we travel back to Perth, arriving in the late evening.
- View the pinnacles sunset as you stroll the desert
- Sunset along the scenic indian ocean drive
- Visit the beautiful yanchep national park
- Look for wild kangaroos
- View koalas from boardwalks
- Optional crystal cave’s tour (own expense)
- Australian themed chocolates (own expense)
- Visit a west coast beach known for wildlife
National park entry fees
Pinnacles guided walk
Small group touring experience
A professional, entertaining tour guide
Inner city pickup and drop off
45 minute Crystal Cave tour (additional $15pp can be purchased on the day)
Additional food & beverages
Duration: 1 day
Operates: Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat
Departs: From Perth approx. 11:00am
11:00 AM Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat
Perth approx 8:30pm – 10:30pm
The Old Swan Barracks, at 2 Francis Street, Northbridge at 10:50 am, is our primary point for pick-ups and drop-offs.
Alternative pick up points are:
• 10:00am Fremantle YHA Prison (6A The Terrace, Fremantle)
• 10:30am Rendezvous Hotel Perth Central (24 Mount St, Perth)
• 10:35am Ambassador Hotel (196 Adelaide Terrace, Perth)
• 10:40am Criterion Hotel (560 Hay Street, Perth)
• 10:45am Perth 178 Backpackers (178 James St, Northbridge)
• 10:50am Old Swan Barracks (2 Francis Street, Perth)
• 10:55am Billabong Backpackers (381 Beaufort Street, Perth)
• 11:00am Witches Hat Hostel (148 Palmerston Street, North Perth)
Click to see pick-up locations in Google Maps
Please note you must contact our reservations team after booking to confirm your pick up time.
For tours returning to Perth regulations state that we can only drop you off at your original pickup point or at the Swan Barracks.
Water bottle (1L)
Money to purchase produce
Only hand luggage is allowed on day tours.
Perth, Pinnacles Desert and Yanchep National Park
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.