Tour ID: 10063855
Recognised worldwide for its sheer beauty, Cradle Mountain is not to be missed while visiting Tasmania. Once thought to be impossible, but due to high demand, here it is: Hobart to Cradle Mountain and back in a day!
Join us on this 14 hour day tour and enjoy the scenic beauty as we make our way north from Hobart. The 4 hour drive each way is broken into 2 x 2 hour intervals to stretch the legs, grab a coffee and something to eat (at own cost).
Upon arrival at the Information Centre on the doorstep of Cradle Mountain, we will stock up on fluids and make our way to the shores of Dove Lake where you will have 2 hours to wander around the Dove Lake circuit or choose one of the many other large or small walks.
Once Dove Lake has been explored and you’ve captured that prized Instagram photo, it’s time to move on to the Enchanted forest and King Billy Pine walks. These two exceptionally beautiful and ancient walks will have you gazing through the forest with amorous delight as you breathe in the crisp, pristine air from under the canopy of 4000 year old trees. Native wildlife is abundant in this area, so keep your eyes peeled and you may see the elusive Tasmanian Devil, wombats, Spotted Quolls, wallabies and more!
After 4.5 hours exploring it is time to make the mission back South.
This tour departs Hobart at 6am and returns by 8pm.
National Park entrance fees.
Excludes: Food/Beverages (there will be opportunities to purchase food/beverages throughout the day).
6:00 AM Sun
Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey Street (5:30 AM);
Prince of Wales Hotel, 55 Hampden Road (5:33 AM);
Travelodge Hotel Hobart, 167 Macquarie St (5:38 AM);
The Nook Backpackers, 251 Liverpool Street (5:41 AM);
St Davids Cathedral, 23 Murray St (5:46 AM);
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel, 1 Macquarie Street (5:50 AM);
North Hobart Post Shop, 412 Elizabeth Street (5:55 AM);
Hobart Showground, 2 Howard Road (5:59 AM);
- You should bring hiking shoes, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, and a water bottle.
- Be prepared for cold weather (it is not uncommon for snow to fall in summer!) by bringing warm clothing and a raincoat. NEVER rely on the weather forecast for this area.
- Feel free to bring a packed lunch, but there will be opportunities to purchase food/beverages throughout the day.
No Children under 5
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to hike on easy terrain.
- 8 convenient locations are available as pickup points across central Hobart. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting at your nominated pickup location at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
Copyright 2019 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.