Tour ID: 10063858
Enjoy this amazing tour of The Great Ocean Road and all the fantastic views along the way in our 9 seater minibus. A more intimate way of touring. We include morning tea and lunch in coastal villiages. The Great Ocean Road is one of the best coastal drives in the world. Let us take you on our tour and show you all the wonderful places & beauty this area has to offer.
This Great Ocean Road Tour is a full day VIP & small group tour spent exploring truly mesmerising stretch of diverse coastline, taking in its amazing array of spectacular attractions. The scenic journey on the luxurious seats of our modified 9-seats VIP minibus along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself, as we absorb some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend.
• A truly panoramic journey along Australia’s most famous coastal route
• Visit the spectacular showroom of handcrafted chocolates and artisan ice creams in the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice creamery
• Enjoy hot or iced beverage of your choice with a freshly baked pastry or cake created by European pastry chefs
• Photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch and take a short walk on the beach
• Drive along the surf coast and enjoying the picturesque seaside town of Lorne in a short break
• Opportunity to spot the koalas as we search for the them in their natural habitat and enjoying a stroll amongst seventy-scented eucalyptus forest.
• Watching the colourful local parrots
• Enjoy the included hearty lunch in one of the best hotels in Apollo Bay
• Explore cool climate rainforest as we travel through the Great Otway National Park
• Visit the famous and iconic 12 Apostles limestone rock formations and opportunity to take photos in the most spotted locations
• Visit the stunning Loch Ard Gorge and check out the breath-taking lookouts to take magnificent photos
• Hear the tale of famous Shipwreck Coast and the story of heroic survival
Departing Melbourne at around 8:00am, we enjoy the panoramic views of the city and Port Philip Bay as we cross the Westgate Bridge, Australia’s longest at just under 2.6 kilometres in length.
We pass through and learn a little about Victoria’s second largest city, Geelong, as we make our way down towards the Surf Coast, with its enchanting beach side towns and powerful swells.
We stop at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice creamery to visit the spectacular showroom of handcrafted chocolates and artisan ice creams and you’ll enjoy your morning tea including freshly baked pastries or cakes.
Departing Chocolaterie, we set out along the Great Ocean Road itself, as you’ll hear an informative commentary about the road’s history and its place in Australian folklore.
The scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself, as we absorb some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend. We make plenty of scenic stops, including of course a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View.
As we drive along the Surf Coast, we have a quick stop at beautiful seaside town of Lorne for a short break.
Then, at the township of Kennet River we make a brief side trip into the sweetly-scented eucalyptus forest to locate some of the local koalas in the native habitat. The koala population here is particularly strong and numerous sightings can be guaranteed! We also have an opportunity here to feed the colourful local bird life, with Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots always keen for a handful of sunflower seeds.
We then continue on towards our lunch stop in Apollo Bay and you can enjoy your lunch at the Apollo Bay Hotel restaurant.
After lunch we follow the Great Ocean Road away from the ocean and into the mountains. The tour proceeds throughs the spectacular Otway Ranges, where we may have some stops to take photos. You will learn a little about the world’s tallest flowering trees and the ancient rainforest species.
And then it’s onwards to the famous Port Campbell National Park and its iconic array of rock formations. You’ll be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the Twelve Apostles. Here we also have the opportunity take to the air with an optional helicopter flight.
Just down the road is the heart of the Shipwreck Coast, the Loch Ard Gorge where 52 lives were lost and only 2 souls survived the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878. You will hear the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to the life in way you never imagined. We may have time to explore more rock formations to see, including Razorback, Dumpling Pots and the delightful Island Archway as our final sightseeing destinations.
On the journey back to Melbourne, a quick stop is made at Colac for a short break. Then, you can sit back and relax while watching a movie on the industry-first entertainment unit of our VIP minibus, before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as we cross the Westgate Bridge again on the way home.
With drop off right back to your inner-city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
• All park entrance fees
• Morning tea with pastry or decadent cake
• Premium lunch at one of the best hotels in Apollo Bay
Helicopter riding over 12 Apostles
8:00 AM Daily
Tour departs from Federation Square East (corner of Flinders & Russell Streets) or hotel pickups available on request (Only hotels in CBD) - please advise hotel name and address at time of booking should you require a hotel pick up and we advise the pickup time in your confirmation email.
• Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Sun screen
• Water bottle
Children’s fares apply to all travellers under 12 years of age, including infants. All persons travelling on our tours must have a separate seat booked for their use.
Please call to reconfirm your tour 48 hours prior to departure.
Great Ocean Road, Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay and Angelsea
Copyright 2019 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.