Tour ID: 10010925
This is such an informative tour, you learn so much about the ancient culture, their ways, their food, their medicine and they also perform for you. You also get to try your hand at spear throwing, it is harder than you think!
Watch Indigenous performers bring the world’s oldest living culture to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations.
Join the world famous Tjapukai Aboriginal dancers in a corroboree celebration and fire making ceremony in the Cultural Village. Gain an insight into the gathering and cooking of bush foods and the medicinal values of native plants, learn first hand from a warrior about traditional hunting methods and tribal law. Throw a spear with the help of a traditional milay spear thrower and learn the art of throwing a returning boomerang. Journey through the complex techniques of playing a didgeridoo, then be tantalised by the smell of the meat being unearthed from the Bayngga underground oven and enjoy a delicious taste test.
A sumptuous buffet lunch with native tastes and fresh salads is available in the Flame Tree restaurant (additional cost).
*In wet weather, demonstrations will be held under cover indoors
• Creation Story
• Art of My People
• Tjapukai Aboriginal Dance Performance
• Bush Foods and Medicines Presentation
• Hunting and Weapons Demonstration
• Didgeridoo Show
• Boomerang and Spear Throwing
• Cultural Creations - paint a boomerang with a Tjapukai performer and take home a special memory of your day.
• Indigenous Guided Bush Food Trail - learn about native plants, bush foods and traditional medicine.
• The Tjapukai Retail Store is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Take your time and purchase an authentic indigenous souvenir, piece of artwork, didgeridoo, boomerang, CD or book - come and see the range of gifts for all budgets for yourself!
• The Flame Tree restaurant and cafe is open for Lunch every day.
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is open daily 9.00am to 5.00pm except Christmas day. 2.5 hour guided tours depart our reception at 09:15, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00. You are also free to enjoy the park at your leisure.
9:00 AM Daily
This tour is a Self-Drive option. Arrival is required between 9am and 2 pm to see all shows included with admission.
Comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, your camera!
Children 3 years of age and under are complimentary.
Children aged 4-14 are admitted at child prices.
15 years and above are admitted at adult prices.
Tjapukai accepts cash, major credit cards, travellers cheques, and has EFTPOS facilities available.
Click here for a tour review, photos and video.
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.