Tour ID: 10050071
Awesome Beaches – Australian Wildlife - Unspoilt Environment – Unique Lakes
Your window into paradise. North Stradbroke Island is Queensland's most popular Island yet is just off the coast from Brisbane. "Straddie" is the second largest sand island in the world - almost 40 km long and has everything - untouched beauty of its beaches and rugged coastline, forests with large numbers of kangaroos and koalas, and it is surrounded by crystal clear waters that you can swim in safely all year round. A unique and memorable experience of Brisbane and Australia.
North Stradbroke's waters are home to large schools of dolphin, manta rays, and turtle – all of which can be seen from the Headland - Point Lookout. A bonus is that in Winter, Point Lookout is considered to be Australia’s best land-based vantage point for spotting the migrating Humpback Whale.
* Return bus and ferry transfers to Stradbroke Island. The cruise across Moreton Bay (about 40 minutes) is a tour in itself!
* Fully guided bus tour of the Island visiting all the main places of interest.
* A refreshing swim in Brown Lake with its pure white beaches and its Tea Tree oil stained waters. Nature's own day spa!
* Walk the Gorge. This fantastic walk around the headland includes some spectacular scenery. Get you cameras ready for the “blow” from Whale Rock or that iconic beach shot.
* Spot the wild life. Stradbroke has large colonies of koala. Kangaroos can often be seen lazing in the sun. In its crystal clear waters, an abundance of marine life that can be easily spotted.
* Visit Point Lookout. A bonus in Winter (May to October) is a great chance to see the Humpback Whale.
* Take in all the popular spots – Cylinder, Frenchman’s and Main Beaches, the historical town of Dunwich and the fishing village of Amity.
* Myora Springs – hear about the battle between aborigines and the military that occurred here.
* LUNCH INCLUDED. . We take you to lunch at the Stradbroke island Beach Hotel. Considered to have the best views of any hotel in Australia. (Includes main course plus tea / coffee / water)
Bring your swimming gear – Winter average temp 20°C.
All transport and ferry fees, professional guide, national park fees. Air conditioned bus. Lunch.
Private Hotel Service: If you wish us to pick you up at your hotel (selected hotels only), this can be arranged for an additional cost - $15pp . Contact us on 0488 332 257.
7:45 AM Tue, Thu, Sat
Arrives Brisbane City 4:45pm
Brisbane: All tours will depart from Bus stop 125, Roma Street. This is in front of the Brisbane Transit Centre and opposite the Police Building. Departure time is 7:45am. You should be there 10 minutes early.
If you wish us to pick you up at your hotel (selected hotels only), this can be arranged for an additional cost - $15pp . Contact us on 0488 332 257.
Water, sunscreen, hat, towel and bathers.
Tour is suitable for children 3-12 years. Children under 3 years are not carried. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Brisbane, North Stradbroke Island and Stradbroke Island
Copyright 2017 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.