Tour ID: 10059045
Enjoy a 2.5 hour guided tour with all the inclusions of General Admission, followed by learning about native plants, bush foods and traditional medicine with your personal Indigenous Guide.
The bush foods trail will take you on a journey through the Tjapukai Parklands showing you bush foods, plants and trees that have culinary and medicinal significance. At the end of journey enjoy billy tea and damper with native fruit jams, as you relax lakeside and enjoy insightful talk with your guide.
Bush Walk must be purchased with a General Admission ticket per this package, this item cannot be purchased as a standalone product.
• Creation Story
• Art of My People
• Tjapukai Aboriginal Dance Performance
• Bush Foods and Medicines Presentation
• Hunting and Weapons Demonstration
• Didgeridoo Show
• Boomerang and Spear Throwing
• Personal Indigenous Tour Guide for 45 min Bush Food Trail
• Learn about native plants, bush foods and traditional medicine
• Taste native fruit jams with homemade damper and billy tea
• Cultural Creations - paint a boomerang with a Tjapukai performer and take home a special memory of your day.
• The Tjapukai Retail Store is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Take your time and purchase an authentic indigenous souvenir, piece of artwork, didgeridoo, boomerang, CD or book - come and see the range of gifts for all budgets for yourself!
• The Flame Tree restaurant and cafe is open for Lunch every day.
• Night Fire By Tjapukai – Nightly Dinner & Show
The Bush Food Trail is approximately 45 minutes and is an additional activity to the 2.5 hour General Admission guided tour.
9:00 AM Daily
Please call Tjapukai Reservations with any queries +61 7 4042 9999.
Looking for other tours and things to do in cairns including reef and rainforest trips? Have a look at our partner Cairns tour operators by clicking on the links below.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: http://tjapukai.tourstogo.com.au/tour-operator/186-skyrail-rainforest-cableway/
Kuranda Scenic Railway: http://tjapukai.tourstogo.com.au/tour-operator/952-kuranda-scenic-railway/
Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises: http://www.tourstogo.com.au/tour-operator/161-big-cat-green-island-reef-cruises/
Down Under Tours: http://tjapukai.tourstogo.com.au/tour-operator/223-down-under-tours-australia/
Tropical Horizons Tours: http://tjapukai.tourstogo.com.au/tour-operator/754-tropical-horizons-tours/
This tour is a Self-Drive option. Arrival is required between 9am and 2 pm to see all shows included with admission.
Comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, your camera!
Children 3 years of age and under are complimentary. Children aged 4-14 are admitted at child prices. 15 years and above are admitted at adult prices.
Tjapukai accepts cash, major credit cards, travellers cheques, and has EFTPOS facilities available.
Copyright 2018 © Tours To Go. All Rights Reserved.